Chapter Seventeen

oday was going to be a very stressful day and she knew it as she sat up in bed. Walking over to her closet she grabbed a nice dress for the memorial, and shoes, putting them into a duffle bag to take with her to school.

Pulling down a baggy t-shirt, and jeans, she got dressed, and did her makeup. Grabbing her stuff she left her room, carrying her white converse in her hand. She grabbed the new snack bag for mother made for her today. She put her shoes on.

Throwing all her stuff into the passenger seat, she started her car and went back inside.

"Mom are you still here?" she called from the bottom of the stairs.

"Yes." she peaked her head out of the house library.

"I'll see you at the memorial later today."

"Alright, have a good day today Victoria. Love you."

"Love you too mom." She left getting into her car driving to school.

Shutting off her car, grabbing her bag, throwing her keys inside, she walked towards the steps.

"Hey." she said catching up to Larkin.

"Hey dude, I saw your post on PreachIt, that was the sweetest video I've ever seen."

"Dude, it's true, I love you."

"Awh." she gave Tori a side hug.

They both laughed, heading to Psych. They sat down, everyone changed how they entered the room when they saw her, they all waved, and asked her how she was doing, it was nice being the center of attention for a positive reason.

When the time came for here to leave, it was passing time between 4th hour 5th, so she just left to her car, where she changed, she couldn't really do much with her hair.

She drove herself to the memorial home, when she got there, and saw a picture of Piper she broke down.

"Alright get it together Victoria." she wiped the tears from under her eyes, she saw her mom pull in she got out of her car, walking towards her mom. Holding the piece of paper for speech, her hands started to shake.

"Hey honey, are you okay?"

"Yeah. I'm fine."

"Alright let's go in."

Immediately Pipers mother came up to her.

"Hi Kathy, you can go sit anywhere, I'll send Tori over to you in a minute."

"Hey, I love the photos." Victoria smiled, seeing photos they took together on Pipers phone projected behind the podium on a slideshow.

"Thanks, you guys are so cute and silly."

"Ha."

"So this is how this will work, everyone before you will talk, and people will sing., then I will introduce you, until then you can sit with your mother."

"Alright thanks."

Victoria sat there nervous, both of Piper's parents spoke, then her sister, a women sang People Help People by Birdy. It was very moving in the style she did it, it moved everyone to tears. Eventually Piper's mother stood at the podium.

"Okay, Victoria Fitzgerald, a friend of Elizabeths' will now be speaking."

She stood up making her way to the stand, she wiped under her eyes.

"Ah, right after that song, I get put on the spot."

Everyone laughed.

She started. She opened the paper then closed it.

"I can't do this," she paused, "I can't talk to you about Piper, whom y'all may know as Elizabeth, from a scripted paper." she set it down.

"I met Piper when I first got admitted," she looked back at the slideshow. "That's actually the first photo we took together, I promise that's my real hair not a wig."

Everyone laughed again, "She is one of the sweetest people, I've ever met, I will never speak about her in past tense, because nothing about her has died with me, her body maybe gone, but everything about our friendship is alive and well, just like her soul."

She smiled widely, "I've done a lot of wrong things in my life, and she has one of the oldest souls i've ever met, I could compare her to an owl, closest thing to describe her, or just me being small minded."

She looked at her mom who was crying, but laughed at that comment.

"Pipes changed my view point on so so many things, made me change the way I thought about myself, and society."

Victoria smiled, everyone laughed, she looked behind her, it was a photo of girls with a shit ton of makeup on.

"Hey when you're stuck in a hospital for 24 hours every day you have to find new ways to entertain yourself, but anyways, I love her and I will always love her, everything she stands for. Thanks."

She got off the podium, everyone whipped their eyes, she sat back down next to her mom, who rubbed her back, "Good job Victoria."

*****

After the memorial, she got in her car, and called Daniel.

His mother picked up.

"Hello Victoria?"

"Who's this?"

"Mrs. Hendricks, we have yet to meet."

"Of course, is Daniel there?"

"Yes ma'am his surgery went well, no worries, wanna just come up and see him? He's a little groggy right now."

"On my way." she backed out of parking lot, and heading towards the hospital.

"Alright see you soon."

click

His mother hung up, she was very happy he was okay, she didn't know what she'd do without him, in her life.

She stopped at CVS to pick up a card, his favorite candies, and a stuffed small dog that said I wuff you.

When she got to the hospital, she got a badge from the man at the front desk, heading to his room.

"You must be his lovely girlfriend." his mother said helping take things from her hand.

"I try to be lovely, is it just you did your husband come?"

"He's passed, so no, it's just me, he's here in spirit of couse."

"I'm sorry to hear that."

"It's fine, my name is Janice."

"Nice to meet you."

"You too, I'm going to get a coffee since you're here."

"No problem."

She sat down next to Daniel, he was cute when he slept, she kissed his forehead, holding his hand.

"I love you, I'm so glad you're okay." She whispered.

Currently theirs no place she rather be, and no other way she'd like to live her life, she was happy and content.

READ THE SEQUEL: surviving
http://my.w.tt/UiNb/NPC9t3BH8B

xoxo