WARNING + RECAP 01

Start from the beginning

Asher, who you find in the town. Impulsive, crude and upbeat, he is another reporter whom you become allies with to make writing the final article more efficient. Having stolen (and desecrated) your notebook, and alerted town authorities to the presence of reporters amongst the new batch of "outsiders", your first impression of him was not the best. Yet things come to a head when you two receive an invitation to a historically significant party, which marks the start of your partnership and the initial sprout of strange feelings Asher begins to have for you. These alien sensations spread in his chest like a weed, sending pleasant chills down his spine. Delectable. Addicting. And to seal the deal, it was made known to him that these feelings were a sign he was in love with you. Love: a crucial step forward in his path to changing his life for good. To become...'normal'. To become a person far removed from who he was in his past. Thus sparked his resolve to make you become a permanent fixture in his life, no matter how much blood he had to spill to get his way.

And Emilio, who you encounter upon your arrival. Stoic and sarcastic, yet down-to-earth and with a heart set in justice, he is the town's gatekeeper and usually stands guard in his tower near the iron-wrought gates. As the primary witness to your...memorable entrance, the impression that you were perpetually intoxicated never quite seemed to go away. Emilio is often seen accompanying Gael, addressing him with the reverent title of 'my Lord' but also paradoxically conversing with him as if they were close friends. Yet unbeknownst to you, his family is fraught with poverty and hardship legally imposed upon them by the mayor himself—his friend's father—as presented during his inaugural speech, Emilio's father having been his opponent during the election 18 years ago. The townspeople share in the mayor's disdain against him and his family members, often treating them as lesser than dirt. How could this injustice have taken place? What truly happened 18 years ago? And just what is the 'Electoral Disaster' - an event that one can only mention under their breath and behind closed doors? What are the town, the mayor, the kingdom trying to hide?

---ARC 1: THE YEARLY ARTHURIAN PARTY [ Chapter 1 - Chapter 14 ]

May 25th, 3:00 AM. As an undercover journalist for 'The Weekly Envoy', you are boarded on a crowded carriage headed towards The 28th Stop, whereupon you spot a newspaper scrap about a man released early from jail, torn away from your sight before you could read it all. You refresh your memory on what you knew, taking note of the strange coins native to the town - golden coins that glow like a light source, and scorch whoever touches them for only a few seconds (other than their owner) without leaving burn marks.

You meet Gael and return a gold coin of his. Soon after, you find yourself in the town, except your notebook is gone. Emilio, the Gatekeeper, lets you inside the town after you almost Falcon Punched the iron gates (earning you the nickname 'Falcon Girl' for the rest of your time here). You catch the last part of the mayor's speech to the mass of outsiders. You learn that A) you will not leave the town without your belongings being searched and memories being wiped, and B) all reporters discovered will be killed - this declaration heedlessly provoked by none other than Asher (or, with his purple hair, 'Turnip Head'). Turns out, he was the culprit who stole your notebook as he was a reporter himself.

To help speed up your writing, you reluctantly team up with Asher to collaborate on the article. You explore the town together, noticing that despite the hours that passed, the sky was covered by night with no signs of daybreak. You gather information from whoever would oblige you and scourge the library - which possessed two clocks: one actively reading the time, the other perpetually stuck on 'February 30, 12 AM'. It was here that Asher not only stumbles upon a book titled 'Enigma 28: A Guide to Spells, Summoning and Other Uses of Black Magic' but also has a fateful encounter with a meek man named 'Boris'. Notwithstanding, it is during your research at the library where you first come across a certain name: 'The Glass Kingdom' but attempts to investigate it are barred.