7

Upon discovering the truth, Kathrine's anger towards Isaac and the other boys intensified, and he became furious with Jackie for revealing the information.

During dinner, it was revealed that Isaac and Cole had made a bet. Alex attempted to defend Jackie by suggesting they'd watch Jordan's camera footage, but this only exacerbated the tension between the boys.

Jackie had recently dyed her hair, and Thalia's face was slowly returning to normal.

The following morning, Thalia joined Jackie for a run, marking the first time she had done so in 16 years. It turned out to be an enjoyable experience, and as they passed by George, he greeted them with a smile.

"Are you two out for a run?" George asked, opening a small glass door. "Yes, the weather is beautiful," Jackie replied, catching her breath.

George reassured them, "What happened yesterday won't happen again, I promise."

"Thank you, George," Thalia responded on behalf of both herself and Jackie, as Jackie removed her headphones.

"You're welcome. And if you need any help getting back at them, let me know," George chuckled. His kindness towards Jackie and Thalia made it clear that he genuinely cared about them and wanted them to feel like part of the family.

When the duo entered the kitchen, the atmosphere was heavy with tension. "Good morning," Jackie greeted everyone. Isaac, Lee, Jordan, where sat at the kids table, Nathan stood near the counter, while Alex sat at the table.

No one responded as Thalia and Jackie joined Nathan. "Wait, is everyone mad at me?" Jackie asked sincerely. She seemed oblivious to the potential backlash she could face.

"Don't worry, sweetie. The problem lies with them," Thalia said, pointing at the three boys at the table. They had no right to be angry at her, but since she was defending Jackie, she found herself on their blacklist as well.

"They're mad at Alex too," Nathan reassured them, while Alex smiled in response. "They'll get over it."

While Thalia hoped they would, she couldn't be certain when it would happen. It could take a day or a year. She chose not to voice her doubts, so as not to upset Jackie.

"Hey, Thalia, Jackie," Kathrine greeted as she entered the room. "You both look amazing," she complimented, pointing at Jackie's hair and Thalia's face.

"There will be no more pranks, and Cole and Isaac owe you an apology," Kathrine informed Jackie and Thalia. Isaac rolled his eyes but reluctantly agreed. "I'm sorry, Jackie. Sorry, Blondie," Isaac said, and for a moment, it seemed like he genuinely meant it. Thalia frowned, unsure if he was being sarcastic or sincere.

However, Isaac's ironic smile revealed his true intentions. He didn't mean it, and he wanted Thalia to know it, as he stared at her intensely. "Also, the downstairs bathroom will be exclusively for the girls and Benny," Kathrine continued.

Lee scoffed, "They just arrived, and now they get their own room and bathroom?"

"Lee!" Kathrine's eyes widened. Jackie walked away, claiming she was fine. Thalia followed her sister, but Alex stopped her. "If it's alright with you, I'll go," he offered. His intentions seemed genuine, so Thalia allowed him to accompany Jackie.

Lee and Kathrine had left the kitchen, leaving only Nathan, Cole, Jordan, and Isaac. "Too bad you can't jerk off thinking about Smurfette anymore," Thalia sighed, taking a seat next to Isaac.

Nathan choked on his juice, struggling to catch his breath. "Jordan, I think Mom is calling you," he managed to say once he had recovered. "But I didn't hear-" Jordan began, but Cole interrupted him. "Just go."