3

"Hey Lee, hold up." Thalia called out as she weaved through the crowd of strangers. She had made a foolish decision to leave since she and Jackie didn't have the same class.
Finally, he halted and glanced at her, clearly uninterested in the situation.

"What? We have to go to class." Isaac interjected before his brother could respond. "Dude..." Lee shot him a look, silently telling him to stop.

"I wasn't talking to you, jerk." Thalia rolled her eyes and shook her head. Lee glanced at them, confused, as the two locked eyes with a challenging expression.

"We have English, what about you?" Lee asked once the intense eye contact ended. "Yeah, me too." Thalia replied, blinking rapidly to regain focus.

They began walking, and the two brothers started discussing random classmates that Thalia had no knowledge of.
"You can sit with me, if you want." Lee offered to Thalia. Despite his reckless demeanor, Lee was actually quite sweet and caring, though he didn't let it show.

"Yeah, sure, you'll be my savior." Thalia smiled and jokingly blew him a kiss before taking a seat next to him. Isaac observed the two for a moment, questioning what had just happened. He eventually wondered why he even cared, but neither question had an answer.

English literature proved to be rather dull, and Thalia found herself tuning out the teacher's words.

"We'll walk you to your next class." Lee said once the class anded , gesturing to himself and Isaac. Thalia nodded appreciatively.

"What?" Isaac frowned, not particularly thrilled about it. He wanted to stay with his friends, but he'd reluctantly tag along for Lee's sake.
Lee ignored his brother's protest and began walking, with Thalia following suit and Isaac trailing behind.

"How did you know?" Thalia suddenly asked, catching Isaac off guard. What was she even referring to? He questioned himself, confused, as she stared at him expectantly. "Uh?"

"That it was my phone in the car." Thalia explained, locking eyes with him. His eyes weren't particularly remarkable, but they felt like a warm pool of honey.

"Saw Jackie with hers, and you were looking for something before that. Plus, only you can have the sea as wallpaper." Isaac smirked, enjoying teasing her. And of course, he had no intention of stopping anytime soon.

"It's this one." Lee said interrupting their conversation.

₊˚ ‿︵‿︵‿︵୨୧ · · ♡ · · ୨୧‿︵‿︵‿︵ ˚₊

The next few classes were incredibly dull. At one point, Thalia even had a class with Alex, then her sister, and in the last class before lunch, she found herself paired with Isaac. Lee was nowhere to be found.

"Hey, Blondie!" Isaac called out from the back row. He was surrounded by his friends, some boys and a girl. "Guys, this is Blondie. She lives with us." He introduced Thalia to the others. "Hi, I'm Thalia."

The boys responded with their names and even made a few complimentary remarks about her appearance, but the girl shot her a dirty look. As everyone returned to their previous conversations, Thalia looked around, unsure of what to do.

"Sit here, Blondie" Isaac commanded, subtly pointing to the chair next to him. Thalia complied but refused to give him the satisfaction of a response. She knew he wanted her to engage in his provocation, but she wasn't going to give him the satisfaction.

Throughout the entire lesson, Thalia felt a strange sensation whenever Isaac's arm accidentally brushed against hers. It was as if her body was rejecting his touch, perhaps out of disgust. At least, that's what she thought.

When the bell finally rang, Thalia quickly got up and headed to the bathroom, ignoring any lingering glances from Isaac or the rest of the group. Suddenly, she felt like she couldn't breathe. Maybe it was because she dreaded lunchtime or because she was pretending like nothing had happened after her parents' death. Or perhaps it was the unbearable burning sensation in her back that haunted her every night.

Thalia was certain she was suffocating. She left the bathroom in search of an outdoor space. As she stepped outside, she heard the door she had just closed swing open again. However, she was too focused on her breathing to pay much attention.

"Thalia," a familiar male voice called out. It wasn't Isaac or Danny, but someone she knew. "You just need to breathe. In and out. Can you do that?" the voice asked. Thalia nodded, following his instructions. After a few attempts, she finally managed to regulate her breathing and sat down, feeling exhausted.

"Does this happen to you often?" Thalia finally recognized the voice. It was Cole. She looked at him as he sat next to her. "Not really. Thanks, though," she replied quickly.

"I'll pretend to believe you. Just so you know, there's no need to feel embarrassed," Cole reassured her. Maybe she had misjudged him. "I'm not. Why are you here, anyway?" she changed the subject.

"Thalia, the bell at the end of lunch rang thirty minutes ago, Jackie was worried." Cole informed her. She stood up abruptly. "Shit."

"They're not going to let you in. It's too late," Cole grabbed her arm, urging her to sit back down. He then pulled out a cigarette and offered it to her. Surprisingly, she took it, causing him to raise an eyebrow. "What?" she asked. Cole simply shrugged, looking straight ahead as he exhaled. "Guess you're not a goody-two-shoes like your sister."

"Take it easy on her, Asshole. She's been through a lot," Thalia warned him with a sigh. She looked down and played with her rings as the tension between them grew. Not in a romantic way, but rather the tension between two strangers, because that's what they truly were.

"What about you?" Cole rhetorically asked.

Neither of them said another word after that. They simply smoked until the bell rang once again.

A/n: Do you guys believe that Lee and Isaac from my life with the walter boys are twins? I've come across some websites like 'Woman's Health' that claim they are, but others don't provide any clarification. What I can say for certain is that Isaac, Alex, and Jackie are all the same age, and in sophomore year.

BTW today is my birthday, and i actually think birthdays are overrated.