Chapter 17 ~ You won't work

🖤

Words:-1400+

Words:-1400+

_____________________________________

Raha's pov__

Alone in my room, his words keep echoing in my mind-the mixed messages, the rules he said he broke, and the strong warnings he gave. As I think about what he said, I'm confused about his intentions and actions.

"I changed my rules for you. Don't work there. I provide for you." His words create a clash of emotions in my mind. The quietness of the mansion contrasts sharply with the inner turmoil I'm feeling.

Sitting on the bed, I ponder the intense encounter. The man, whom I now think of as the old man, puzzles me. First, he accused me of seducing his brother, and now he's brought me forcefully into his house. I wonder-does he truly care about me, or is it just a way to show his ex-girlfriend that he's happy? The uncertainty of his motives leaves me grappling with unanswered questions.

While pondering the intricacies of my life, a message from the old man disrupts my thoughts. "Eat and sleep," it reads-simple yet cryptic. Frustration seeps in, but hunger prevails, driving me to the kitchen to prepare dinner. Tonight, I decide to cook for both of us, leaving the choice entirely to him.

As I sit down to eat, the clock inches toward 9:00 pm, his usual dinner time. Surprisingly, he's absent tonight. Not that I care, I reassure myself, but the deviation from routine doesn't escape my notice. As the night unfolds, I grapple with the uncertainty of his actions within the confines of his mansion.

After finishing my dinner, curiosity leads me to check on him. To my surprise, his room is empty, and I find myself waiting foolishly, realizing the futility of my anticipation.

The question lingers-where could he be at this hour? Is it work-related, or perhaps a meeting with his girlfriend? The pieces of this puzzle refuse to align, and I'm left pondering the possibilities.

Shaking off the uncertainty, I retreat to my room, leaving the enigma of his whereabouts to linger in the quietude of the mansion.

The old man's words-"My wife is worth everything"-resonate in my mind. A sudden revelation strikes as I connect the dots. The girl I accidentally spilled coffee on, her name is Sana. Abhya's words resurface, revealing the old man's past involvement with a girl named Sana.

It all clicks together. He married me as a form of revenge against Sana, the one who calls him "baby." The plot thickens as I realize the incident at the cafe wasn't a mere coincidence.

Questions linger-how did the old man discover where I work? I never disclosed that information to him. The presence of Sana at the cafe raises suspicion. It's a complex web of revenge, emotions, and secrets that I find myself entangled in, and the pieces of this intricate puzzle slowly fall into place.