Chapter 5:Wedding

I, along with my family, settled in Limo. I was here with my mother, and the others had gone in other cars.

 The interior of the limo was beautiful, and I've always been fascinated by cars. Driving them is something I love, and I always appreciate the craftsmanship that goes into making them.

As the car started moving, I started feeling anxious. "Please, God, not at this time," I thought.

 After almost an hour, we arrived at the church, and I stood in front of it. I was then taken inside through the back door so that no one could see me before the wedding started. 

They led me to a beautiful room where I would be staying.

The room was something out of a celebrity wedding. It had a small chandelier in the middle that screamed luxury.

 It was made of glass and some lustrous objects, and the people who made it must have had some magic – turning it into a gorgeous showpiece. 

My eyes then landed on a large mirror on one side of the room, accompanied by a cozy couch. The walls were painted in a lavender color, giving off a royal vibe.

As I sat on the couch, I thought about how my life took a sudden turn six months ago. What if I hadn't agreed to this marriage? Would they have forced me into it? If I hadn't agreed, I would probably be in my office, working hard.

I'm not a workaholic, as Lily liked to describe me, but I definitely love my work. It was through my hard work that I became the owner of the company.

My family isn't rich; we're a middle-class family. My dad used to work a 9-to-5 job, doing his best to provide for us. 

There were times when we faced financial instability, and my mom started working as a teacher. My eldest brother took up a part-time job in high school, despite our parents' objections. 

He was stubborn and didn't listen. I've witnessed struggles when I was young, and I wanted to bring happiness to my family.

 It's not just boys who have to take care of the family; hard times shape who you are.

I've always admired my family and am thankful to God. So, when my grandfather and my family asked for my marriage, I couldn't say no to them. 

Of course, I threw tantrums at first and acted angry, but they were doing this for me.

"Ms. Andreadis," came a voice. I looked over, and there was a girl with a bag in her hands and a man in his forties with a camera.

 "I am the makeup artist and came to check if anything's wrong with the makeup," she said. Now I remembered; she was there in the morning with the stylist."I don't think I need a touch-up," I said while looking at them.

"Okay, ma'am. If you need me, please call me," she said, exiting the room. Now there was a man standing there. "Miss, I am the photographer. 

I am here to take pictures of you," he said while adjusting the camera's lens. "Can you please stand here and pose?" he asked.

I did what he asked, with different poses and fake smiles for the camera. It was done, and now I was alone again.

I was feeling something different. There wasn't much time left for the wedding; in hardly 10 minutes, I would be called.

 There was no one here with me; maybe they were in the hall where the wedding would take place.

My hands were now getting sweaty, and my heartbeats were starting to rise.I took a deep breath, trying to calm my nerves.