❾ the aftermath

☆○othe aftermath  o

Unfortunately, Annika could only stay for breakfast. Charlie was called in to the sanctuary to fill in for a colleague who was attending a wedding. He couldn't decline since he had taken a week off to spend at home in the burrow.

Charlie spent the entire morning apologizing to Annika for what he called "kicking her out." But Annika found it quite amusing to watch him stumble from room to room getting ready for his work. Annika drank her honey tea happily. Entertained by Charlie hopping on one leg while bringing the other foot up to tie his laces. Before Charlie hurt himself, Annika got off the chair and walked towards him before kneeling before him and helping his tie his other lace.

Charlie froze. Annika hummed to herself while tying up Charlie's boots. She did not seem to notice the connotation of the position she was in. It wasn't until after she was lacing his boots that Annika looked up and made eye contact with a red faced frozen Charlie. It took a second for Annika to realize what she had done before her face turned as red as Charlie's hair.

"I... I'm so sorry," Annika said with deep embarrassment. Giggling at herself and putting her hands over her face.

Charlie smiled, "Come on, don't hide that gorgeous face from me." Charlie touched the side of her face softly and gently pried Annika's hands away from her face.

Instead of helping her up Charlie got down to his knees so he could face her.

"I am very sorry to cut our time short, Annika. When can I see you again?" Charlie's words were sincere and gentle.

"Well in a few days I'll be leaving to Hogwarts to be the award presenter, and there's much to do and pack," Annika said regretfully. She had been personally asked by Ludo Bagman, Head of the Department of Magical Games and Sports, to be the award presenter and motivator for the Tri-Wizards Tournament happening at Hogwarts this year. Bagman had originally wanted her to be a judge but Annika declined because she knew she would end up giving all the kids perfect scores.

"Well then it seems I'll just have to rely on letters until we're both free," said Charlie feeling sad he wouldn't be seeing Annika for a while. Maybe he could find a way to go to the Tri-wizards Tournament he thought.

Annika frowned, "You better write to me this time, Charlie," she weakly punched his shoulder.

"Nothing could keep me from writing to you, Annika."

---

Charlie walked to work thinking about Annika Krum. It was insane how his whole life had changed in such a short amount of time. On August 18, he had met Annika for the first time. That was seven days ago and not a day went by that Charlie did not think about her. It had taken Annika seven days to enchant Charlie. A man who had never been enchanted before.

As Charlie walked to the dragon sanctuary he thought about Annika and what she must be doing right now. She was probably in her apartment. Deciding what would go to Hogwarts with her and what would have to stay.

Charlie finally came in view of the sanctuary and walked into the office to clock in. On the bulletin board of the office there was an interesting flyer that caught his eye.

WORKERS NEEDED: TRI-WIZARD TOURNAMENT

There was one slot left empty.

Charlie quickly signed his name.