❼ dinner at the burrow

☆○odinner at the burrow  o

Annika was running late. Molly had sent her a reply saying all she had to bring was herself but Annika was raised well enough to know you always bring something to a dinner party. Annika spent the day running to and from the market because no matter how many grocery lists she wrote she always forgot something.

Annika was bringing a Bulgarian speciality called Sarmi, which is steamed cabbage wrapped around diced carrots and onions, rice, and pork, and some homemade cheesecake for dessert. She had made it a thousand times before and knew the recipe back and front but for some reason she was a nervous, forgetful mess while making it this time. She would never admit it but it was because of who would be eating it. She had the same problem making breakfast back in the Weasley's tent. Charlie was going to be eating this, it needed to be good.

The food was ready and packed at 3 which gave Annika 2 hours to buy gifts for everyone, take a shower, find an outfit, do her makeup, do her hair, and get there. No stress.

It was panic mode. She'd been shopping for an hour and was stuck between getting Arthur some bath bombs or a lava lamp. Annika knew he'd love them both but which one would amaze him more. After five minutes of staring silently at her options Annika dumped both into her cart and went to the checkout.

For Fred and George she bought some muggle pranking equipment she thought they could use and brainstorm ways to make them better with magic, plus a notebook from school were she wrote down her prank ideas.

For Ginny she had a coupon to Madam Bordeaux's Boutique which included two full casual outfits, a set of dress robes, and a handmade school uniform. Plus a hair straightener, a muggle device to style hair.

For Hermione she bought a few hair products she thought would help moisturize her hair and help bring down the frizz and a few muggle and wizard books.

For Ron she bought an assortment of different candies including chocolate frogs, Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans, Felix Felicis Liquid Sweets, and more than enough candy to single handedly keep a dentist office open. Plus a team poster signed by all players.

For Harry, Annika bought enchanted ink that worked to rearrange essays and space out words in order to meet the page requirements quicker. Plus a pair of enchanted sunglasses that disguised features so Harry could walk around without being bothered. Plus a necklace with a golden snitch charm.

For Bill she bought a red dragon hide jacket that matched his boots and some dangly spiky earrings.

For Percy she bought personalized cufflinks with the initials P.W. And a colorful assortment of suit ties for every occasion.

For Molly she bought a fancy dinner plate and silverware set for a group of 12, some new gardening tools, and a couples massage for her and Arthur.

And finally, for Charlie she bought a pair of fire-resistant dragon hide gloves and a fire-resistant wool-laced leather jacket since she noticed the one he wore was littered with small holes. Annika didn't know much about Charlie other than he worked as a dragonologist so she based her gifts around that. Hopefully he liked it.

She had separated the gifts into boxes and had 30 minutes to get herself ready when she was done. Annika had never been more rushed. She quickly took a shower and chose a simple black dress to wear since the dinner wasn't something overly fancy and started doing her hair and makeup at the same time. By the time she was done she was 15 minutes late but she was very happy with what she'd done of herself in 45 minutes.