❺ the burrow

☆○othe burrow o○☆

"I just don't know what you were thinking," Viktor said for the 5th time in a row sighing deeply into his hands. He'd been so stressed during this entire process- he felt he had age 30 more years. He knew Annika strived to help others but sometimes he wished his sister was more selfish. "You could've gotten killed."

Annika sighed too, "Viktor I'm sorry for worrying you but I'm not sorry for leaving the portkey. Someone needed my help." She tried to get her brother to understand that she couldn't just leave and be happy either way she'd be back to find out what happened to that girl.

"I know I know," Viktor said finally lifting his head and looking at her, the bags under his eyes making Annika feel guilty, "But next time you're pulling me with you okay."

Annika laughed, "Yeah I can do that."

Viktor smiled at his sister a rare sight for everyone else but a daily occurrence for his family, "Now tell me more about the Weasleys."

Annika blushed, he was only asking because she had told him about Charlie and he could see the blush on her cheeks.

---

After introductions they had all sat around the table and talked about- well- everything. Hermione asked her more about C.A.P.E and how to start an organization like it, Harry, Ron, George, Fred, and Ginny asked her about Quidditch and started talking more about her coming to Hogwarts to catch a match. Arthur talked her ear off about Muggle items he found fascinating with Annika cutting in and asking if he'd ever heard of bath bombs- Arthur leaning in attentively, Percy and her talked about his work at the ministry and she had a story to tell him about a faulty cauldron that had once exploded in her room- he asked if he could quote her in his paper- she said yes, Annika asked Bill about his work as a Curse-Breaker, and finally Charlie.

Charlie and Annika didn't talk much at the table only exchanging soft smiles when they caught the other staring at them. It wasn't until later that night that they talked.

After receiving news from her team that too much was going on and too many people were around to send someone to get her Arthur had extended her welcome and let her crash on the coach until the morning. Then her team couldn't get to her at the tents due to too much travel occurring in the area so Arthur naturally invited her to the burrow. Annika had said it was too kind and she could wait around but Arthur was set, plus Mrs. Weasley would want to meet her.

So after much convincing everyone went off to sleep- the girls going back to their tent under the watchful eye of Arthur, and Bill and Charlie finding a blanket and pillow for Annika to use on the couch- everyone had offered up their own bed but Annika had refused humbly ("I'm not above sleeping on a couch please treat me as a friend not a celebrity.") The couch was comfy and Annika could've easily slept peacefully but for some reason she couldn't. Annika wondered about her brother and if he was safe.

"Can't sleep either?" A voice whispered from the darkness behind the couch.

Annika sat up and turned to find Charlie leaning against the doorframe between the boys' bunkbeds and the living room. Shutting the door as quietly as possible Charlie walked towards her slowly. Now that he was closer Annika could see he was wearing a thin white tank top with red plaid pajama pants. The shirt highlighted his muscular arms with scars covering almost every inch of skin. He was so gorgeous it hurt.