"Can I meet them?" Silica quickly looked back to Dot, who seemed surprised by her question.

"Of course you can," he smiled brightly at her and took her hands in his again. "Oh, they'll be delighted to meet you."

"Okay," Silica couldn't help but return his smile. "Alright... I'm sure you have questions for me too, don't you?"

I do, if you don't mind," he said, and Silica urged him to continue. "When's your birthday?"

"Um, I'm not sure the exact day," she was taken aback by the question. "But I was born sometime in March or April of 814."

"You don't know the exact day?" Dot suddenly looked sad to hear that, and he squeezed her hand.

"Not a lot to celebrate underground, and my mother never told me," Silica shrugged. "I don't even think she would know."

Dot's sadness morphed into disappointment, and he slowly shook his head. "I'm sorry to hear that, Silica. I wish I could have done more for you."

"No sense dwelling on it now." Silica leaned to the side to catch his eye. It helped him to smile.

"You seem very forgiving." Dot observed.

"I don't blame you for anything that happened to me," Silica reassured. "I wasn't your kid."

"I'd love to make up for lost time," Dot said. He sat up a little straighter, hopeful. "If you wouldn't mind."

"I wouldn't," she smiled at him. "I have some people for you to meet, too."

"Do you?" Dot looked intrigued as he exchanged a look with Erwin, who smiled knowingly.

"I have three kids," Silica's revelation made Dot's face light up. "A girl and two boys."

"Do you, now?" He looked excited. "What're their names? How old are they?"

"Amelia will be thirteen next month," Silica began. "Peter is six, and adopted. And Lucas will be one in September."

"A teenager already, huh? I've missed so much," Dot pulled Silica to her feet and enveloped her into a hug. She held her breath as he did, and hesitated when she returned his embrace. "I'll make it up to you in any way I can. I swear it."

His promise made Silica's chest feel tight, but she didn't pull away and allowed him to hug her for as long as he needed to. When he finally pulled away, he held her at arms length with a gentle smile on his face.

"We can discuss the details later, I'm sure I've taken up enough of your time," he said as he took a step away. "I'm so glad we were able to meet. I'll reach out to you again to arrange for you to meet your grandmother and uncle very soon."

Silica found herself bummed that he had to go so soon, but didn't object. "Alright. I'll be seeing you."

Dot shared his farewells with Erwin, and smiled one last time at Silica before finally leaving the room. Silica stood there for a moment staring at where he once was, and only looked away when Erwin stood up.

"Are you alright?" He asked as he approached her. Silica turned to face him.

"I think so," she said as he cupped her cheeks. She leaned into his touch. "It feels surreal."

"I'm sure it does," Erwin agreed as he kissed her forehead. "What do you think of him?"

"He seems nice," Silica looked off to the side as she thought. "Almost a little too good to be true. This is the guy that raised my mother, after all."

"I suppose you have a point," Erwin took Silica's chin to make her look at him. "I don't think it'd hurt to give him a chance, though."

Silica shrugged. "Can I ask you something?"

"Of course."

"Back when I first joined the Survey Corps," she began as she looked up to him. "When we went into town in the rain. I remember telling you my mother's name. You've known Dot this whole time, right?"

"Yes."

"When I told you her surname was Pixis, in the moment did you make the connection that she might be related to him?"

"I suspected it, yes." Erwin nodded.

"Why didn't you say anything?"

"I wasn't sure of it being true," he spoke honestly. "And I know your familial ties are a touchy subject for you. I did not wish to upset you."

Silica softened at his explanation and settled with resting her cheek on his chest. He wrapped his arms around her.

"You're probably right about it upsetting me."

"I know." She could hear the smile in Erwin's voice as he spoke.

She hummed as she closed her eyes, and the sound of his heartbeat helped to calm her nerves. "Thank you for not leaving me."

"It was a stressful situation," he said softly. "I would never."

His words helped her to smile, and finally she was calm enough to see her situation clearly. Excitement had replaced her long-felt anxiety, and for the first time in a while, she looked forward to what would happen next.