30. Mrs. Hartwick

Start from the beginning

The earls face changed when he spoke of his family and Lorenzo knew he had to take that into consideration, a good architect was one who knew the kind of person the owner was. If they had wife and children had a great role, since then their opinions mattered as well.

Hours went by as Evan showed him room after room and spoke of the place, Lorenzo learned that it had around thirty four rooms and twenty en-suite bath chambers. Fifteen other rooms was in another quarter for servants. The latest renovation had been in the 1570s by the second earl of Essex. His contribution had been the addition of the east and west wings, and the central facade U- shaped house done in the Palladian style.

And Lorenzo wanted to get his hands to draw and had a vision already, an excitement that rushed through him and demanded action every time he got presented with a new work,

As they rounded the last corner back to the huge halls and front doors it opened with a beaming energy, "Papa Papa!" The sounds of children filling the home and little steps running forward.

He looked over his shoulder as Evan grinned and embraced the tiny bodies crushing onto him.

A smile was ready on Lorenzo's face to meet his children but everything after that was like a blur as a familiar face  came forward while Lord Hartwick spoke to his children, oblivious to the tension in Lorenzo's body.

Lorenzo stood frozen, his body working of its own accord. He blinked rapidly, surely it could not be. But neither his eyes or mind was playing games as the woman came closer

Nora...

The place faded to gray around him

She was beautiful
Elegant
Delicate build
That Graceful curve of her neck
Sapphire blue eyes highlighted by long dark lashes.
The same heartless woman who vanished into thin air.

Lorenzo's chest tightened, he could recognise her from miles, damn her. It was as if time never passed between them, as if four years ago was yesterday.

How many months hadn't he spend foolishly thinking she would contact him, return. That he couldn't have been alone in what he'd been feeling. He had visioned and dreamed of seeing her, until he bury it all down as time went, refusing to think of her. But never in his wildest imagination had he thought to ever see her again,

And not like this

Even now she was still beautiful, the same crinkling smile that took his breath, her hair covered in bonnet now and as she came forward she didn't even acknowledge him, didn't even see him as his whole world came to halt.

It was only then it hit him as Evan dipped his head down to pull her in for a kiss that had all the air rush from him, she—- she was the wife.

His hands clenched in a fist as he forced his gaze anywhere, a bile rose in his throat making it impossible to swallow. Squeaking kids had them break apart from the corner of his eyes,

"Mr Di Angelo. Meet my wife, Lillian, I must admit she has been the one pursuing me for a change."

Lillian? So that was the name she was going by now.

It was only then she acknowledge him and smiled brightly as if— as if he was someone she never knew...

"I am pleased to meet you, my husband has spoken highly of you."

when he didn't speak, when his heart beat felt like it was racing miles did a puzzled look overcame her, dear Lord. If she could play the avoidance game surely could he?

Dio!

Then why did it feel like he had been stabbed in his chest? For gods sake it had went four years! She was married! And no doubt had he not been the first man she fooled so easily. Well, wouldn't she have a laugh at him.

When he found his ability to speak his voice was so rough it didn't sound familiar to his own ears, "No, Mrs Hartwick, the pleasure is all mine."

_________________________

        VOTE AND COMMENT.

A/N: hahahaha you guys how do you feel that Lorenzo thinks Lillian is Eleanor? Also to not feel lost you have to read the first book, Lillian Deciet to understand fully. With that said I hope you enjoy this chapter!