15 | lies

10 months later...

~~~~~~~~Ramya ~~~~~~~~~~~

I had mend my terms with my parents. Sunita is married and living happily with Satheesh. The proof of that is she is now pregnant.

I am in London right now completing my 8 months office trip. Tomorrow I will be meeting my Rajan,my husband in person. I am proud to call him my husband.

Had I not met him, I don't know if my life would have been happy as now. Rajan too is now working peacefully in his new office.

He is earning quite a good amount of salary, the correct one for his skillset unlike the previous one.

Now that I am earning in Pounds in UK, we both have clearly planned on utilizing the new funds and improved our standard of life.

We are on the look out for new house and are planning to renovate this old house in to a more spacious one later on.

Everyday, I make it a point to talk with Rajan via the phone. It is really painful and difficult to leave Rajan and stay separately. There had been times where I felt him missing me badly by the way he talks.

Still he controls himself and have not spoken a single word expressing his feelings towards me. After marrying him, all I have witnessed is only joy. Pure joy.

Rajan has played a very important role in changing me and my thoughts. He is the main reason for me to patch up with my parents and brother. Nowadays, I don't believe in luck or unluck.

Even if something bad happens, I take that as a warning or lessons learned in life.

After spending few minutes talking with my husband, I started to the airport. Started to meet my husband, my life after a long period of time.

There is one main reason why I am in so much love with Rajan. After Sunita's marriage, one day my in law's spoke with me.

They were in all praise for coming in to their family and Rajan's choice of selecting his wife.

"maa.. I am actually obliged to Rajan for marrying me. For marrying me, without considering my ill fate, he is my savior.

If he did not marry me, I would not have been in this position. You should thank him." I replied with genuine happiness.

"what ill fate, thank him??..I don't understand.. You both are in love, so obviously he would marry you" said my inlaw with confusion written all over her face.

"what?" I did not understand what they were trying to say.

"Do you know what reason he told to marry you suddenly before Sunita?"

"No"

"he said , you both are in deep love with each other. "

"Whatt??? no we were not in love"

"pcch.. there is no need to cover up. We know everything. Your parents have hurriedly fixed marriage with another guy and that got called off due to some reasons. Post that your parents were in hurry to fix marriage with other guy"

Rajan's father continued from there . " We know your father is against love marriage.

So Rajan convinced us and the broker to make him believe that , we are coming to see you through arrange marriage.

If he does not marry you soon, you will be married to some one else. And he asked us not to mention about this to you as well or act like we know about it"

Hearing it , A big laugh emanated from me. Rajan has told so many lies to marry me. I did not say anything to them and left after usual talks.

But strangely Rajan seemed to be little upset and feeling awkward for the past few days.

I don't know why. I asked him directly but he denied stating work pressure. I thought to talk with him in person and sort out.

~~~~~~~~Rajan~~~~~~~~

Ramya is in London. Though its very difficult for me to live without her, I agreed for her office trip. I have heard people in IT say it is difficult to get onsite opportunity.

It's just a matter of 8 months and I thought can manage.

In these 8 months I never miss to make a video call to her at night. We keep talk about everything that happened that day.

Though I missed her many times near me I concealed my emotions.

Ramya is very outgoing and social person not like how I presumed earlier.

She is more talkative and bossy. I hope you all know this bossy part already.

By her talks I understood that she also likes me. But in recent times my thought is getting proved wrong.

During Sunita's marriage, I proposed her. Still she had not even once acknowledged that.

I did not take that seriously earlier. It does not mean that only if you say 'I love you' you are in love with the person.

But she has not even accepted the gold chain that I presented her. She changed in to the chain which her parents gave.

Of course her parents are quiet settled compared to me. They gave her a chain with good design and thickness than my light weight.

She earns more than me. Now that she is in UK she is earning in Pounds.

I don't think there is anything wrong when a wife earns more than a husband.

But nowadays, after hearing those talks often, coupled with my current situation with Ramya, it kind of gives me inferior complex about myself.

May be I am not earning more? She does not like the one that I gave??

I bought her a simple gold ring to present her,when she comes to India as a surprise.

Yesterday while talking, I happened to notice her wearing two diamond rings given by her parents.

She was wearing a diamond stud along with an everyday wear chain carrying diamond pendant.

Will she even accept my tiny 6gm gold ring?? It would not even suit her amidst of those diamond ornaments.

With that thought I shelved the new ring to my cupboard and left to the airport to pick her.

Whatever it is, Ramya never thought or said anything bad about me or said anything that hurts me.

As long as she is ok to live with me I am happy.