11 | Surprise

~~~~~Ramya ~~~~~

With irritation evident on my face, I came out. But I was so shocked and surprised to see the hall was decorated mildly with flowers and some hanging decors. 

In the middle of the hall, a small table was put with a cake on top of it. Rajan made me walk to the table. The cake read " Happy Birthday Ramya" 

I have still not come out of my shock yet. What is this happening? why and how?

I saw Satheesh too standing there. I looked at Rajan. The stern face he had previous was gone. He was all smiles now. I looked at Sunita. She was showing her neatly arranged 32 teeth. 

What is happening in this world?.I thought.

"Blow the candle Ramya ji", Satheesh spoke. My inlaw gave me the knife to cut the cake. 

I did not even have time to ask them or think more of if this all happening in real or I am just hallucinating.

Whatever it is ,it felt good to celebrate my birthday. I always denied celebrating my birthday considering my unluckiness. 

I cut the cake and took a piece. With hesitation, I went near Sunita. But she twisted my hand towards Rajan slightly.

He took a pinch of the cake from me. Holding my chin, he fed that piece of cake to me.

I actually felt shy for him holding my chin in front of everyone. I blushed at his act. Sunita and Satheesh cheered in "oooh" which made me blush even more profusely.

Then Sunita and my mother in law fed me. 

"anni, Sorry for talking rudely earlier. I don't know what to do. We were starting with decorations as a surprise for you, but suddenly you popped out here. so sorry anni.. I did not mean to hurt you" she genuinely apologized.

Now I remember. She was carrying a cake and some decor items. Her important work was this. Decorating the house. 

I felt happy and contented. My inlaws gifted me a saree. Sunita and Sathesh gifted me  chocolates. I did not expect anything from Rajan.

OK I am very bad at lying. I indeed expected him to give me something. But he remained stiff. 

May be he thought others have given gift so no need of him giving another one.

As it was already late, Satheesh bid bye and left. Sunita went to send him off. They were all smiles again. I hope the dispute whatever between them was settled. 

Every day I see her talking with Satheesh over the phone with all smiles. I never had such kind of scenarios to experience in my life. 

Sighing ,we all went back to our rooms, keeping the Cake in fridge for the next day.

And did I mention my inlaws spared me from scolding because of my birthday?? For not eating food whole day.

My mother in law literally stashed food inside mouth. I ate more than I would usually have.

I felt guilty for thinking bad about them earlier.
~~~~~~~~~~Rajan~~~~~~~~

I heard from Sunita that Ramya confined herself to our room. I woke her up. I politely asked her to serve me dinner but she denied. I don't have other option than shouting at her.

She definitely felt a huge wave of shock cross her face seeing the decorations and cake

I was thinking she would deny to celebrate her birthday, fortunately it did not happen.

I thought she would feed me first , but went near Sunita. My sweet sister Sunita, as in catching my thoughts , directed her hands toward me. I could have easily  fed the cake without touching. 

But off late, I miss her touch. I purposefully lifted her chin and fed the cake. It actually gave butterflies to see her blushing at my act. 

Everyone gave their presents, while I stood without any gift. I have not decided what to give. It was all a sudden plan. Sunita managed to buy the gift nearby from our house. 

But at this moment I decided what my gift will be. It just that takes time for me to give her. But I will as soon as possible. 

I hope she enjoyed the surprise. And  you know what I like about Ramya? She too had slight expectation that I will gift her something.

Seeing me standing with empty hands, she did not show poker face.

I know I am not a good husband who has not even gifted anything on wife's birthday. I don't know if she likes me  considering what all I have done so far.

She belongs to a family who is settled when compared to us.

I have agreed to marry her for jewels which definitely would have given bad impression about me.

My state is kind of even more worse earlier today without job. But when I start earning I would surely gift her something.

I don't want to use the money from my parents to buy her the present. I want to use my salary, my money to give a gift to my wife. My wife Ramya.

For now I have only love and care which I can give. All I want her is to be happy.

If she looks down upon me for getting jewels and tries to leave me in future for my incapability, I don't think I could handle that. It will definitely be hard for me to live without her.

Seeing her current happy face, talking with all smiles to my parents, my mind went back to the incidents happened today.

Ramya was behaving strangely off late. She has been constantly avoiding my gaze. Infact, she carefully avoided being in the vicinity of me.

Though it has just been hardly 2 weeks approximately, I have gotten used to depend on her for my day to day activities. I miss her helping me out in certain things.

I miss her so much.. Is this love?? I don't know. Does she have same feelings like me?? I don't know.

She even started sleeping on the floor. Ever since I found my hands wrapped around her waist while sleeping, I started liking that gesture. I craved to do that while sleeping with her.

I don't know why and from when this kind of feeling on her started. But I liked it. I like her. I like to be with her. Whereas here she is keep on distancing herself.

I had a fear that she us ignoring me because she does not like me. So girls would like guys only when they are more romantic, giving gifts surprises, take them out... spend money...blah blah..blah..

Is it because I got the dowry from her she is avoiding me?? Pcch... I know even the readers would hate me for my behavior.

But I don't care. All I care about is Ramya's opinion.

Today, I got hold of her and asked the reason for her weird behavior. She started crying stating her bad luck.

Ramya started blaming herself for her luck and what all has happened.

This girl is literally a fool I thought. She never analyze anything fully. I mocked her in teasing way, to get out of the house as she is unlucky. 

I did not mean it literally. She did not notice the sarcasm in my tone.

To my dismay, she took those words seriously and started crying heavily.

I have to be patient in changing her thoughts.