09 | Accustomed

~~~~~~~Rajan~~~~~~

Its been 4 days since I have been married. I was busy with my office work and tension. I did not have time to spend with my family or my wife Ramya.

Speaking about her, she has got accustomed quite well to her surroundings. We don't converse much.

If at all it will be subtle and about general things. Still there is some distance between us. Still I like this new bonding of us.

I heard her telling that previous project of hers started with ramp off as it will be shelved and she is now in bench.

I don't understand a single bit of her IT jargons. But finally she concluded that she is waiting for another project allocation. Till then she will be at home.

These few days, I saw her helping my mom and Sunita in cooking and other household work.

I don't think she cooks. Everytime I happen to eat the food with the same taste as my mom and Sunita. I concluded it based on that.

Tonight when I came home late, I saw her cleaning the kitchen counter. Its been a tiring day for me at work.

I was lashed out by my Manager for the delay in progress. I was actually covering up for my friend.

But the blame occurred on me for delaying things. Though I restricted myself from talking back for the sake of my friend, My Manager went overboard, which turned in to a heated argument.

Finally it got settled or could say I was dragged out of his cabin to stop this fight.

Fed up with working in that office after the fight I came out taking half a day leave.

Already I heard that some employees are being sent out of the company due to the change in management. So I am now afraid that this argument will have any impact.

If at all they wanted to fire I would want my manager also to be fired for his behaviour today.

Just then my phone rang, displaying the caller Id of my sisters's inlaw.

With hesitation and thought about what she is going to say , I picked the call. There she goes. She is worst in asking the current status than my Manager.

Amidst of all this happenings, I totally forgot about the jewel matter which I promised to give them. I assured them that they are ready and will give it on the day of marriage.

But they insisted on giving it now to them. I agreed to give them tomorrow and cut the call. Now that I think about the jewels, I remembered Ramya.

I married her soon for the sole purpose of her jewels. I forgot to ask her in all these problems.

But did she as well forget? or is she waiting for me to ask , so she can give? the worst case, she is acting as if she forgot , because she is not willing to give me?

I don't know what's going on in her mind. I was contemplating on whether to ask her about it now or not.

I layed down on the bed thinking about it. She has not yet arrived to our room, probably in the kitchen washing the vessels.

I don't know when I slept, but the next day I woke up early. I turned towards my right to see, Ramya at a little distance from me sleeping beside me.

I quickly looked down to see one of my hand wrapped around her, while her left leg was on me.

I got little shocked. I don't know for how long this is going. Or is it today the first time that is happening? Is she aware of this.

Before she could open her eyes and see us in this state, I withdrew myself slowly without distracting her.