Death Of The Lannister Patriarch

Start bij het begin

Tommen had been sitting, lost in thought, when a knock sounded on his door.

"Come in."

The door opened to reveal his sister.

"Morgana?"

"Your Grace," she curtsied mockingly as the door closed behind her.

"You don't need to call me that. You're my sister."

"Sister or not, it is expected."

"You didn't call Joffrey 'Your Grace'."

"Joffrey was a cunt."

They descended into laughter.

"I'm sorry you've been put into this position so young."

"I nevr expected to become King."

"How could you? Joffrey was the firstborn male. As wicked as he was, I don't think any of us could have foreseen the way he died. Which brings me to why I came here-"

A knock on the door interrupted their conversation.

"Yes?" Tommen answered hesitantly.

The door opened to reveal a servant.

"My apologies, Your Grace, Princess," he bowed.

"What is it?"

The man held up a piece of parchment. "Ellaria Sand asked that I deliver this to you. It is from Prince Oberyn."

Tommen stood and accepted the letter.

"Have they left then?" Morgana asked.

"Yes, Princess. They left early this morning. They wished to return the Prince to his homeland, to be surrounded by family, in case things took a turn for the worse."

"Of course."

It was understandable. They hadn't come to the capital as warriors, but as guests for a royal wedding.

With Oberyn unconscious, he had no way of defending himself should someone attempt to finish what The Mountain started.

The servant bowed before exiting.

"What does it say?" She stood behind her baby brother, reading over his shoulder.

To His Grace, King Tommen Baratheon,

If you are reading this, I must not able to make this request in person. I, Prince Oberyn Nymeros Martell, request that Tywin Lannister be tried for his involvement in the death of my sister, Princess Elia Martell, and her children, Aegon and Rhaenys.

It is known The Mountain and Amory Lorch are under your command. With Lorch dead, the last person who is physically responsible for their deaths is The Mountain.

However, I wholeheartedly believe these men did not act alone, but on the orders of your grandfather, Tywin Lannister.

My sister and her children were innocents in a war torn world, much like yourself and your sisters.

I implore you to see reason and provide House Martell the justice they have been waiting for.

Sincerely,

Prince Oberyn Nymeros Martell

Tommen looked up at his older sister. "What do I do?"

"The right thing." She said, placing a hand on his shoulder. "Amory Lorch may have been a vicious bastard, but now he's a dead, vicious bastard. The Mountain is all brawn. There is no way he came up with the idea to slaughter Princess Elia and her children, much less convince someone to aid him. It is time our grandfather answer for his crimes."