chapter 13; december, again

wishing all of you merry christmas, thank you for sticking by.

"Do not even think about untying that scarf!" Jennie warned playfully, leading Lisa out of the car, brown eyes covered with a fluffy candy-cane striped scarf.

"I wasn't going to," Lisa huffed, holding onto Jennie much more than she needed to simply because she wanted to touch her girlfriend.

Th brunette walked them away from the parking lot, up onto the curb, and across the sidewalk. Once they were in front of the shop, she stepped behind Lisa and pulled the scarf down gently, winding her arms around the waist.

"Sadly, I'm not Santa so I can't get you like... an entire shop or anything. But this one is hitting the market next week at a very reasonable price, or so the mother of my favorite student Sasha assured me," Jennie murmured, her eyes on the empty store in front of them. "A price within your budget."

It had an empty display window and good curb appeal. It was in need of some fresh paint and a whole lot of love, but it was in a good area and would get plenty of foot traffic. Jennie just hoped it wouldn't be overstepping by bringing Lisa here.

"Are you serious?" Lisa asked softly, tangling her fingers with Jennie's that were resting on her stomach.

"Mhm. It's fifteen minutes from school too. I could stop by during free period. We could carpool," Jennie continued, letting the dream play out in front of them.

"You'd help me paint?" Lisa wondered, turning her head to kiss her cheek.

"Me and all of our friends," Jennie grinned. "It's going to need a lot of paint."

"You want to carpool with me?" Lisa mumbled, nuzzling her nose against her girl's neck and breathing her in.

"I'd love to, baby."

"So... you'll let me sleep over on school nights?" Lisa gasped, completely teasing since Jennie already did that.

"I'll even get us matching to-go coffee tumblers," Jennie teased back. "With some literary puns on them."

"Ready? I'm about to make you really wet," Lisa murmured, pressing a kiss against the back of her jaw. Jennie hummed happily and sank into the side, waiting for Lisa to speak again.

"I'll even pack your lunch," Lisa whispered.

"Oh wow, baby," Jennie husked, dropping her voice nice and low. "I've never wanted you more."

"I know, right?" Lisa grinned. She kissed Jennie's neck once more and then looked back at the storefront. "And if I fail all over again?" she asked quietly.

"That's when you give yourself the grace to fail, and then just try again. And again. And again," Jennie replied with a small smile.

"And you'll be here for the again and again and again?" Lisa wondered, leaning her head back onto Jennie's shoulder.

"As many agains as you'll have me for," Jennie promised, squeezing Lisa gently in her arms.

+++

"Irene, focus," Lisa grumbled, squinting as she looked down at the jewelry in the glass case.

"You have my undivided attention."

"There's a candy cane in your mouth. How old are you?" Lisa hissed as the shop owner rounded the corner to greet them.

"I'm sorry, would you like to do this on your own?" Irene quipped, arching a brow.

"No," Lisa mumbled, returning her attention to the necklace in the case that was small and delicate and had a simple diamond on it.

"Can I help you two with something?" the owner asked with a warm smile.