chapter 7; june

"Why did I let you- oh fuck me," Jennie groaned. "Why did I let you convince me to do this?"

"Because you said I was being boring by not hanging out with you early enough on Tuesdays," Lisa laughed, doing the ab circuit without even breathing heavily.

"Who needs a six pack anyway?" Jennie grumbled, still holding the plank and shaking just a bit as she neared the end of her minute. "This is torture."

"Trust me. Six packs aren't what motivate me," Lisa smirked, lowering her voice a little. "It's definitely wearing a strap for you that keeps me coming here."

Jennie slipped on the exercise mat and fell, face-first down onto it, ending her plank. "Fuck you for that," she huffed, sitting up and rubbing her nose.

"I was being honest," Lisa laughed, switching into a side plank to look at Jennie.

The brunette narrowed her eyes and hopped to her feet, moving over to a rack of weights and a bar. She added some light weights on each side of the bar and then moved around so her back was to Lisa.

She did four sets of ten squats, making sure to go nice and deep before standing all the way back up, the bar across her shoulders. She didn't really need to do squats but she knew it would give Lisa a nice view.

So, she did them.

"Fuck you for that," Lisa grumbled from her spot on the mat, now lying on her stomach, her pupils blown and her face red.

Jennie chuckled as she racked the bar, turning around and wiping a bit of sweat from her forehead with the hem of her tank top.

"Now we're even and we can finish this torture with some running," the brunette suggested with a smile.

"Funny, you don't call working out torturous when it's just you and me in one of our bedrooms," Lisa whispered once she'd hopped to her feet and wrapped an arm around Jennie, pulling her back flush against her front.

"That's because it's not. It's everything outside of the bedroom that keeps us out of it that's torture," Jennie hummed, teasingly rolling her hips back into Lisa a little bit as she spoke.

"Yours or mine tonight?" Lisa asked in a hoarse voice, tracing her nose up the back of Jennie's neck.

"Night school tonight. I'll see you for coffee tomorrow morning," Jennie chuckled, patting Lisa's hand on her stomach. The blonde let out a quiet grumble and then pressed a quick kiss to the back of the teacher's neck.

"The students don't need you tonight," Lisa whined softly, nothing serious or jaded in her voice.

"They're giving speeches tonight. You should come watch. Help me grade them," Jennie offered.

"I don't think I'm qualified to grade speeches," Lisa chuckled, squeezing Jennie once more before letting her arms fall.

"It's a pass or fail course, I think you can manage," Jennie teased, her eyes tracking Lisa as the later walked over to the treadmills nearby.

"Am I allowed?" Lisa asked, looking over her shoulder.

"Of course. It's my class," Jennie hummed, hopping onto the treadmill to Lisa's right.

"Can we get a late dinner after?"

"French? Italian?" Jennie wondered with a smile. "Or wait, let me guess... Thai?"

"Maybe I'm really wanting some shrimp etouffee," Lisa said, starting her treadmill at a slow jog.

"Oh, that's such a good idea," Jennie hummed happily, matching Lisa's slow jog. The two of them continued talking about food and grading speeches, the words innocuous and innocent.