chapter 12; november

"Quiz me again," Lisa murmured through the pillow that she held over her face.

"Really?" Jennie laughed, laying on her side and leaning up on her elbow to look down.

"Chanel is the youngest. She's dating a dude... named M.... fudge."

"Miguel," Jennie supplied with another enamored laugh.

"Yep, and your parents are Stacy and Zack. And you have two dogs whose names escape me regularly."

"Kuma and Kai, and you've met Tyler, so you're ready," Jennie assured, gently prying the pillow away from on top of Lisa's face and discarding it on the bed.

"No, I'm not," Lisa said with a shake of her head.

"Yes, you are," Jennie argued with a soft smile. "It can't go worse than when I met your family."

"They love you," Lisa scoffed. "Perry and my mom keep asking me to send them a list of possible Christmas gifts for you."

"Yes, but I kept mixing Katie and Perry up all night and at one point just called them both Katie Perry, which led into Jason singing 'Firework' for the rest of the night," Jennie chuckled.

"I mix Perry and Katie up," Lisa shrugged, rolling over into Jennie and shoving her face into the girl's stomach.

"What's really got you worried? It's not just getting names right. I know you."

"They're important to you. If they hate me, you'll... I don't know," Lisa mumbled into the shirt.

"Hmm... well, answer me three questions and I will be able to tell you with one hundred percent accuracy if they'll love you or not," Jennie hummed, gently scratching her head and holding her close.

"Okay," Lisa sighed, leaning back.

"Are you kind, to me and others?" Jennie asked quietly.

"Yes."

"Are you generous?"

"For the most part unless it's like... the last beignet or something and I'm hangry," Lisa answered a little sheepishly.

Jennie grinned and pressed her lips against her forehead. "And do you make me happy?" she asked, whispering her last question into Lisa's skin.

"I hope so," Lisa whispered back.

"You do. So, they're going to love you," Jennie promised. "Nothing to stress about, baby. No matter how this goes, our strings aren't going to be cut. I'll always want all the strings with you."

"What if they think my jokes are cringy?" Lisa wondered, running a hand under the shirt and over smooth skin.

"They will all politely laugh, because they're kind too," Jennie replied with a smile.

"What if they think I'm... a weird... eater?" Lisa asked, grasping at things that could possibly come up over Thanksgiving.

"As someone who has seen you eat every meal and snack possible, I can assure you you're not. But even if they did, they wouldn't comment on it and they would accept you, quirks and all."

"Am I gonna be relegated to a guest room?" Lisa asked, pushing the shirt up a little more. Jennie's eyes sparkled as they moved from sweet to something even sweeter in a matter of moments.

"We're in my old room together," Jennie murmured.

"But I'm assuming we will be very quiet and respectful," Lisa hummed, leaning forward to kiss bare stomach where the t-shirt had just been.

"Very quiet," Jennie repeated, her eyes fluttering a bit at the touch.

"So, my three-month anniversary gift will have to wait until after Thanksgiving," Lisa sighed into Jennie's skin.