Nine

CHRISTOPHER | Double Trouble

Sa'hora Santiago

"Mommy," Kenzo cried standing at the foot of her bed once again

"Mommy," Kenzo cried standing at the foot of her bed once again. She sighed opening her eyes and checked her phone to see it was 2:39 am.

"Kenzo," she mumbled sitting up rubbing her eyes. He was hysterical and trying to climb onto the bed.

"Mommy pwease!" he cried pulling at the white comforter. She sighed pulling him onto the bed and he immediately climbed to her and got into her lap.

"We can't keep doing this every night," she mumbled pulling the blanket over him as he laid his head on her chest. Tonight was yet another failed attempt of getting Kenzo to sleep in his room. He broke out of his crib and was back in here once again.

Although he had just turned two a little over a month ago, she was considering moving him to a toddler bed now. The crib was absolutely not cutting it and he had slept in there with her more times than he has ever been in his crib.

"Mommy I scared," he whined pushing his face into her chest getting his tears all over her.

"Why are you scared?" she asked softly and he just shook his head and snuggled closer to her.

She let out a yawn before turning the television on. George Lopez reruns were currently playing and she settled on watching that. She knew it would be a while before she fell back to sleep.

She relaxed back into the bed rubbing Kenzo's back. He reached his hand up grabbing her ear as he watched the television.

"Mommy has to pee Ken," she said to him but he ignored her watching the television.

She picked him up and placed him on the bed but he immediately began to whine and start crying. She ignored him and stood up walking towards the bathroom that was in her room. She relieved her bladder and heard little footsteps coming into the bathroom.

"No personal space huh?" she said to Kenzo as he walked over to her and stood in front of her. She quickly wiped and flushed before washing her hands. Kenzo was right behind her like a shadow as she walked back into the bedroom.

Her phone began to vibrate making her frown as she picked Kenzo up and placed him in the bed. She looked at the notification and frowned.

@ NoLimitJavi: Yo!

"Not this shit," she mumbled looking at the Instagram direct message. She went to delete the message until the person sent another message.