safe floor

You sat by the mattress in Du-sik's apartment in exhaustion. The kids were sitting next to you, still a little scared from the monsters. Hyun-su was by Du-sik, watching over you and taking guard.

You heard the door open then and leaned forward to see who it was. It was the woman from earlier. Her face was all bloody, but her eyes were back to normal.

"Who are you?" Du-sik asked warily.

She didn't respond and looked at the kids, waving to them with a small smile. She was relieved that they were truly fine and unharmed from the monster.

"I'm glad you're all safe," She said and then looked towards Du-sik, "May I use your bathroom? To... you know."

Du-sik watched as she gestured to her face, which was completely bloody. He nodded his head and smiled, "Go ahead."

The woman smiled back and bowed to all of you before heading into the bathroom. Once the door closed, you laid back down on the mattress with a sigh. You raised your hands and gestured to Hyun-su, "Come here."

Hyun-su walked towards you and then sat down next to you. You smiled and moved yourself so your head was on his lap while you laid down.

"What're you doing?" Hyun-su asked, growing flustered.

"I'm tired," You told him. "Don't wake me up unless we're getting attacked or somebody's dying."

Hyun-su couldn't retort but slumped in defeat. He leaned his back on the wall behind him and closed his eyes momentarily as well. He felt your breathing even out and figured you had already fallen asleep.

"Mister," Su-yeong whispered and nudged his side.

Hyun-su opened one of his eyes, peeking at the siblings, "Yeah?"

"Are you and Y/N-noona together?" She asked.

"W-What?" Hyun-su stammered over his words, his eyes completely widened in shock. "What makes you think that?"

"The two of you are so close," Su-yeong pointed out. "You look like you like her."

"I... I do?" Hyun-su whispered. "Is it that obvious?"

Su-yeong and Yeong-su nodded their heads, "Very."

Hyun-su groaned in response and slapped his hands onto his face, "Ah... I'm screwed."

"I think you two look good together," Su-yeong assured him and her brother nodded in agreement.

Hyun-su smiled after hearing those words. Just before he could reply, there was a knock on the door. Hyun-su grabbed his spear in response, holding it by his face while Du-sik readied his crutch gun and opened the door.

"It's us," The woman with the bat said and entered the apartment along with the man wielding the katana.

The door closed behind them and the woman with the bat placed her bag on the floor, "I brought some food. I'd be more than happy to share it with everyone."

Du-sik lowered his weapon and nodded, "We're grateful. Now, I won't have to worry about living off my current amount of food."

Ji-su and Jae-heon got to work and began fixing dinner. Hyun-su kept the kids company while Du-sik was working on something. You were still asleep, fidgeting here and there.

The woman from earlier left the bathroom just then. She smiled when she saw Ji-su in the apartment safe, "You're here."

"Of course, ma'am," Ji-su smiled politely. "Do you know how to cook meat? I don't really..."