monster

You watched intently as Hyun-su focused on the FPS game he was playing. His right hand moved around the table swiftly as the camera in the game followed while his left hand busily pressed keys on his keyboard.

You saw with each minute, he was able to get a kill in while assisting his teammates. You were amazed at his gameplay as he managed to find good places to hide in and occasionally use a sniper to get at his enemies.

Once his game ended in undoubtedly his victory, Hyun-su turned to look at you. "Wanna give it a shot?"

You gave him a look, "I'm not sure... The last time I played these kind of games was when I was 10 and it was on my phone..."

"Well, you can try now," Hyun-su said and went ahead to create a custom match against bots. "Here, I used bots instead of real players so you can try."

Before you knew it, you and Hyun-su switched places. You felt your heart beat faster when Hyun-su leaned in and you could feel his breath tickling your skin.

"So, you use the W, A, S, and D keys for movement," Hyun-su explained. "W is forward, S is backwards, A is to the left, and D is to the right."

You pressed your fingers on the keys to test out the movement according to what he said. You moved the mouse around, trying to get used to the feeling.

"If you want to shoot, you press on the left mouse button," He said and placed his right hand above yours. His index finger pushed down on yours, causing you to click on the left mouse button.

"I get it," You said. "How do I run?"

"You press the Shift button," He answered. "Wanna give it a go?"

"Sure," You said and walked further into the map, finding the bots.

When you did find one, you tried to aim your mouse first. Hyun-su saw you struggling and helped you, guiding you along with his hand above yours. With that, you managed to aim properly and fired away.

"We did it!" You exclaimed. "You're really good at this, Hyun-su."

"Eh, I'm just average," Hyun-su replied.

You were about to retort when you noticed something out of the corner of your eyes. Your eyes narrowed and you got up from your spot, confusing Hyun-su.

You walked towards his mattress and kneeled down, picking up the framed photo on the ground. You stared at the photo, specifically at the people in it.

"Y/N?" Hyun-su called.

"This photo... Are you the little boy in it?" You asked.

Hyun-su shuffled next to you and looked at the picture in your hand, "Yeah."

"And this girl... Do you know who she is?" You looked at him.

"She was my first friend," He said. "She used to live near me before she moved away. I never managed to catch her name. I used to call her Sunny because whenever she smiled, it was like-"

"Her smile was as bright as the Sun," You completed his sentence.

"How did you..."

"It's because I'm that girl, Hyun-su. Your first friend," You told him. "I have this same exact photo back at my house. My mother took the photo and she sent it to your mom."

"You... what?" Hyun-su asked, still taken aback. "You're her?"

"Yes. This must be destiny. Your first friend came back and stopped you from dying to become your first fan," You joked at him.

Hyun-su smiled in return, "For once, I'm glad the universe did something I like."

You giggled and moved your arms around Hyun-su's shoulders, wrapping him up in a hug, "I'm so glad I found you."