apocalypse

"Should we save that woman?"

"I guess," Hyun-su whispered.

You looked around Hyun-su's apartment and spotted his mop. You broke the bottom part of the mop, leaving the body behind. You gave it to Hyun-su, "Use this in the meantime."

You kept your knife into your pocket and loaded your gun. You stood in front of the door and pushed it open slowly. You raised your arms, holding the gun in front of you for precaution.

You turned the corner, looking at the staircase where the woman must've gone. Just then, someone began walking down the stairs. Your finger was positioned by the trigger, ready to fire.

"It's you," You said after recognising the man. "You're the gangster guy."

"Blood," He said and looked at you and Hyun-su. "That's a lot of blood."

"Did you see a weird woman just now?" Hyun-su asked.

The man didn't reply and instead continued walking towards you and Hyun-su. You were ready to protect the both of you when you suddenly heard a thud behind you.

You turned around and saw Hyun-su on the ground, "Did he just pass out?"

"Guess so," He replied. "Gonna shoot me or something?"

"I might," You said. "Go back upstairs and see if there's a weird woman. She should have blood on her face."

"What makes you think I'll listen to you?" He asked, taking a step closer to you.

You huffed in annoyance and pressed the tip of your gun to his forehead, "If you don't, I'll shoot you like I said I would in the elevator. And, if you think of disarming me first, just know my dad's the General of South Korea's military. If I wanted to, I could take you down."

The man stared at you in the eyes, as if challenging you. You returned the stare, showing him that you were not backing down. After a few seconds, he took a step back, "I'll go."

You watched him go up the stairs once more before sighing in relief. You kept your gun by the waistband of your pants before grabbing Hyun-su's arms and dragging him up. He wasn't that heavy for sure, so you didn't have that much difficulty in bringing him back to his apartment.

You placed Hyun-su down on his mattress and groaned. You grabbed your phone and immediately called your father, wondering if the same thing happened to them.

"Hello? Y/N?" Your father said your name, making you sigh in relief as tears formed in your eyes.

"Dad! Something horrible's happening, I'm scared," You whispered. "Are you safe? Mom, Ha-joon?"

"We're safe. What about you?" He asked.

"I'm hiding in an apartment with a friend," You said. "Dad, do you know what's happening?"

"I have a slight idea, but not all the details," He said. "Listen to me very carefully, Y/N. Do not leave the apartment until I get you. Grab the essentials, food and water. Don't use your gun. You'll run out of bullets quickly. Find something as a weapon, a spear or a bat if you can find one."

"You're coming to get me?"

"I'm planning a rescue team for you, Y/N. I will not abandon you," Your father reassured you. "Wear your most durable clothes. You have the cargo pants I gave you, right? Wear that and something to cover your body to prevent injuries."

"Okay," You said. "Take care of yourself, Mom, and Ha-joon too."

"I will. Survive this, Y/N. I know you can," He told you. "We love you."