You believed she also wanted to move things forward, but you were worried that if you hurried things, Rosé would feel like she was under too much pressure, so you thought a slow pace was best. You wanted to proceed slowly for your own sake, too, since you didn’t know what you might do if you let yourself get carried away.

When you appealed to her with earnest eyes, Rosé looked down, making an embarrassed face, and pressed her forehead against your arm once more.

“O-okay. Um… Sh-should we go swimming?”

“Y-yeah, we should…”

“…This is my first time coming to a place like this, so please tell me about everything.”

Rosé added quietly that she had rarely gone places with other people, so you took her hand, and you walked to the middle of the shallow pool. You guessed that her family had probably never taken her to any kind of amusement park before, and you felt sad for her. You decided you should go experience one of those together sometime.

“So over summer break, how about we check off all of your ‘firsts,’ Rosie?” you suggested.

“…P-putting it that way is embarrassing, but…okay.” Rosé flushed red but smiled happily. You beamed back at her and pulled her along by the hand to a spot that seemed to have slightly fewer people. Rosé had been anxious about potential drownings, but perhaps because she was with you, she didn’t seem worried as long as you were just playing in the water.

When you rented an inner tube and handed it to Rosé, she grumbled about it with a slightly peeved expression. “I feel like I’m being treated like a child…” Yet maybe because it gave her a sense of safety, she put the ring around her body.

While holding on to the tube, Rosé relaxed and floated on top of the water, gazing up at you with a placid look. You were standing by the side watching her, just in case, but the way things were going, you figured she wouldn’t have any trouble enjoying herself.

“This feels great, doesn’t it?” Rosé smiled, bobbing around in her ring by your side.

“Sure does,” you leaned against the edge of the inner tube and nodded. You liked swimming but had never particularly cared for playing around in the shallow pools. But being able to spend a relaxing time with Rosé was not a bad thing. If you had been with Lisa and Jennie, the two of you would have wanted to play with a beach ball or go down the waterslides or something. That kind of stuff wasn’t bad, either, but you liked having some relaxing alone time with Rosé.

“With the ring, you won’t drown, and you can enjoy the water as much as you like.”

“…But it’s awfully humiliating, using one at this age.”

“Adult women use them all the time. Look, there are people sitting in inner tubes over there, too.”

You pointed to where some women in swimsuits were floating with their backsides down in the holes of their rings. Rather than using them as swimming aids, most of the adults were chilling in similar positions.

Rosé, who had stuck her body through the ring, looked in the direction you were indicating, then excitedly stood back up for a second and sat down into the ring.

Rosé floated there with her body fully supported by the inner tube, blinking several times before smiling, looking mighty pleased with herself. She seemed to like it. Her bare, milk-white legs, sticking out of her rash guard, kicked and splashed in the water. Her legs were slender yet amply soft, and you got splashed in the face while you were captivated by their beauty. Rosé was giggling, wearing a happy, carefree smile. You couldn’t tell whether she had known where you were looking, or whether she had done that on purpose, but…for the time being, you splashed her lightly to get back at her, and Rosé’s smile widened.