6

Zhanghao stood behind TaeSeon, Hanbin's father, as he watched him fish.

He never really understood why he was so feared. From his perspective, he was just an old man who loved solitary.

He was kind to him and never really did anything vile that stood out to Zhanghao. Zhanghao used to spend time with him back when he was in highschool because he was Hanbin's father.

In short, he did with TaeSeon, the things his father never did with him. He took TaeSeon as a fatherly figure because his father was solely money minded.

It was ironic that Zhanghao grew to hate Hanbin but still kept a close relationship with his father.

"Father, You called me" Zhanghao said and smiled when TaeSeon turned.

"Ah, my boy. Come come" TaeSeon said grinning as he wavered his hand in the air. Zhanghao skipped to him with his hands in his pockets.

"Look what I caught. You can't beat that" TaeSeon said as he proudly showed Zhanghao the fish he caught. Zhanghao playfully scoffed at his attitude.

"You know I can get more than that. Watch me"
Zhanghao said and picked up a fishing rod. They went at it for hours, comparing each other's caught fish and having little conversations.

"You want to divorce Hanbin?" TaeSeon brought up and Zhanghao sighed at Hanbin's name.

"Mm, I want to" Zhanghao said and looked at TaeSeon. "Did you two fight? If so, it doesn't call for a divorce" TaeSeon said and continued fishing.

Zhanghao kept quiet for a while before speaking.
"I married Hanbin because I wanted to find out who Ji Woong's killer is. With your connections, I thought it would be really easy to find out.

You've tried in helping me find out about his killer but it's all been in vain. I can't keep living like this."
Zhanghao said and sighed.

"I understand Zhanghao..After all, some stories don't have a happy ending. I'm sure Ji Woong will be proud of you for making all these effort for the past years. It's okay, don't be hard on yourself"
TaeSeon said as he patted Zhanghao's back.

Zhanghao nodded as he smiled. Grateful that someone understood him.

-

On his way back home, Zhanghao had many thoughts clouding his mind. Especially about Hanbin.

Although they were best friends at some point in life, Zhanghao never really knew things about him.
It was like the kind of friendship where you don't even know your friend's birthday.

He knew that Hanbin never really liked his father and when he once asked him about it, he just said it was because of his late mother.

He didn't say any other thing after that and Zhanghao decided to let it rest.

"Mr. Han told me you went fishing with father today. Are you fine? Forget whatever he said to you–

Zhanghao ignored Hanbin as he walked past him and climbed the stairs. Hanbin sighed and ruffled his hair.

Zhanghao closed the door to his room and quickly went to freshen up. He laid on his bed and took out his cigarette pack from his nightstand.

He stared at it before muttering.
"I've really got to quit" He lighted a cigarette and ruffled his hair. He basically let his eyes roam round his room, his head empty of thoughts.

His eyes stopped when he saw boxes kept on his shelf. He got out of his bed and walked to his shelf, he took down the boxes. They were Ji Woong's belongings.

He put his cigarette away as he opened the boxes that he had opened a million times. He went through Ji Woong's stuff smiling.

"Shit I'm getting crazy" Zhanghao muttered and chuckled under his breath on the thought of him opening the boxes countless times.

He was just about to put the boxes away when something caught his eye. "How come I've never seen this before" He said as he picked up the flash drive that he saw.

He got up and walked to his desk, he took out his laptop and inserted the flash drive. He saw a video, he tilted his head as he tapped the desk.

"What could this be?" He asked himself. He was about to hit play but a knock came to the door.

"What is it?" He asked. "Sir..Your father's here,
h-he's asking for your presence" A maid said.
Zhanghao sighed and gritted his teeth.

"What could this old man want" He muttered under his breath as he felt anger build up in his chest. He stood up and walked out.

"What is it that you want?" Zhanghao asked, looking down at his father. "Come down here Zhanghao"
His father ordered.

"Who even let him in here?! Are you all mad?!"
Zhanghao yelled to the workers and they bent their heads low because of Zhanghao's harsh tone.

Zhanghao looked away from them and glared at his father. "You even met with TaeSeon today and you still want a divorce?! Can't- Can't you see?! You're causing more trouble for me!" His father yelled.

Zhanghao sighed and rubbed his temples.
"Is this about the divorce?" He asked nonchalantly.

"Relax. It isn't finalized until Hanbin signs. But let me tell you this..it won't stop me from getting a divorce. Understood?" Zhanghao said and his father pointed his finger at him with his angered face.

"Y-You-

Zhanghao groaned as he rubbed his temples and turned, ignoring his father. He walked back into his room and sat on the chair.

"Can't he freaking stop bothering me" Zhanghao clicked his tongue in annoyance. He opened his laptop to continue from where he stopped but his eyes widened.

"Eh? Where did the video go?"