Don't forget. You are heroes

Start from the beginning

The friends met in their first year. They got to know each other a bit like in those typical teenage movies. They had benches next to each other, and Okano wasn't very liked by the others. However, Midoriya didn't know how to talk at first. Because what if she laughs at him right away? Most people already look at him askance! The fact that he doesn't have the required 20 years to attend this school doesn't change anything!

... Okay. Maybe this changes something.

But other than using his father's name, he didn't get any special treatment! It was probably twice as bad. But not in a bad way. Basically the professors are really helpful. But because of who Hisashi was, Izuku had to try to get to his level. It's not that he didn't want to! Of course he would like to make his father proud.

But this argument didn't seem to work on others.

"Who am I kidding? I'm not like dad..." he muttered heavily as he entered the cafeteria "He would probably just talk to him..."

Standing by the door, he immediately noticed one empty table. Which was quite strange. The canteen was literally swimming with students. But seeing the familiar fox figure, Midoriya guessed what it was about.

As usual, he was about to head to the table by the windows, but suddenly he stopped. Looking towards Okano, he felt like he was looking at himself in Aldera.

Deku who had no friends.

Deku who was afraid of everything.

Usseles Deku.

If someone asked him later why he felt brave, Izuku would have no idea. His legs led him to an empty table, and his body sat down on its own in front of the fox. Surprisingly, his lips formed a friendly and confident smile.

"Hello! I'm Midoriya Izuku! We have lessons together" he started, and the fox looked at him in surprise.

Unfortunately, despite his surge of courage, Izuku was still himself. He still wish he could hit himself.

"Your quirk is really cool! Are you 100% fox? Do you understand other foxes? Do you have sharp claws? And your fur? Is it also soft like a fox?! Youareverygoodatlessons! Whereareyoufrom?! Whydoyouchoosetobeacope?!" he started talking without even pausing to catch his breath. Okano looked at him horrified.

And that's how their wonderful friendship began.

"Ha, ha. Very funny" he sighed, getting up from the bed and stretching "W-Why didn't you wake me up earlier? You know I have to get ready!"

"You're taking too long in the bathroom" he only replied, leaving it and finishing buttoning up his uniform.

"I'm not the one who cleans the fur a thousand times."

"You think this awesome look just makes itself?"

Midoriya huffed a soft laugh as he pushed his way to the bathroom. He ignored his friend's mischievous smirk as he closed the door. He had no time to think. Today was finally the day!

His graduation day.

Today he will finally be assigned to the police station. Izuku was bursting with excitement. After so many months of training, the world finally smiled at him. Only work like an ox at night, finish primary school early online and obtain a dozen or so certificates. FATE WILL NOT SURPRISE HIM ANYMORE.

Izuku smiled at the thought as he finished his basic morning routine. He was finishing buttoning up uniform when a photo pinned to the mirror frame, caught his eye. The teenager pinned them on a few days after moving into the dorm. It was an old photo of him and dad when he was alive. Hisashi smiled as he held little Izuku in his arms. Of course he was in his uniform and his hat was on Izuku's hair.