𝟑𝟎: 𝐗𝐗𝐗

The heavy clear bins clattered as Zane carried them inside, his veins showing through his hands and arms from the heavy weight

The heavy clear bins clattered as Zane carried them inside, his veins showing through his hands and arms from the heavy weight. "I swear you couldn't wait till December hit," he grumbled, depositing the bins on the floor with a thud.

"I really couldn't, I'm just in the Christmas spirit this year," Sierra huffed, attempting to drag the tree from the trunk.

Hearing her struggle, Zane stepped in, taking over and effortlessly lifting the tree onto his shoulder. Sierra smirked, enjoying the sight of Zane taking charge.

"You sure you need all this for one tree?" Zane quipped as he set down the 10-foot tree in the living room,

"Um yeah! Them basic ass decorated trees are for the white people. You know we always gotta go all out," Sierra replied.

Zane chuckled. "I ain't gon argue wit it then, do yo thang mama."

As Sierra began unpacking the bins of blue, silver, and gold ornaments, Zane found himself lost in his thoughts, as he saw the life he never thought he'd have come together in front of his eyes day by day. He never imagined himself settling down, let alone celebrating holidays with a partner. But seeing Sierra's enthusiasm for decorating with him filled him with a sense of warmth he hadn't known before.

And even though it was a beautiful thing it was also a dangerous game considering that Zane surrounded— not only himself around the dangerous street environment but now that he had a woman in his life who he deeply cared about it was her too and if any of his oppositions saw that weakness he had for her they wouldn't think twice about killing her just to get to him.

"What you thinking about big head?" Sierra interrupted his reverie, unfolding the small ladder with a smile.

"How beautiful my wife lookin right now." Smiling and getting up from the couch he grabbed the tall target box and opened the tree pulling the large pieces out.

Sierra smiled, her shallow dimples appearing on both sides of her cheeks. "Aw thank you, handsome." No matter how long she and Zane had been together whenever he complimented her she still got butterflies. She loved hearing that reassurance, especially from him.

"My baby finally got her own business and shit going.. I'm proud of you ma." Zane proudly said causing Sierra's smile to widen.

"And know you got gifts on the way around 3," Zane informed.

Sierra smacked her teeth. "Zanee! I told you about doing that!"

Zane shrugged, a grin tugging at his lips. "And I told you allat shit go through one ear and out the other you not running nun I been told you this ma."

Sierra laughed and raised her eyebrow in disbelief as she knew she couldn't even argue with Zane's response because no matter how many times Sierra told him about buying her expensive things if he wanted her to have it, it wasn't even a question.