𝟐𝟗: 𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐗

Hearing a familiar voice sound into his ears and smelling the sweet aroma of maple bacon wafting through the air, Zane groaned, reluctantly waking from his sleep

Hearing a familiar voice sound into his ears and smelling the sweet aroma of maple bacon wafting through the air, Zane groaned, reluctantly waking from his sleep. He stretched his limbs, letting out a contented sigh as he pushed himself halfway off the bed and let out a relieving shake.

"It's probably just a stomach bug baby, try and make some lemon and honey tea but make sure you eat. Alright?" Sierra's mom, suggested through the phone speakers.

"I will momma call me when you get off work love you." Sierra said before pulling her phone from her ear and hanging up. Carefully tossing her phone on the counter and placing the red oven towel that was on her shoulder back on the handle she huffed and leaned on the counter.

"Mmm," She groaned as Zane walked behind her and rubbed her back.

"You Ight? What's wrong, ma?" Zane furrowed his eyebrows, concern etched in his features as he surveyed her.

Straightening up and turning around, Sierra managed a smile as Zane leaned in to kiss her cheek. "Yeah baby I'm good, but if you're hungry, I put your plate in the microwave." Sierra dismissed.

"What did you make? I could smell it all the way in my sleep. It must taste good," Zane remarked, moving past her to retrieve the plate from the microwave, his mouth already watering in anticipation.

"Just some eggs, maple bacon, and waffles. Oh, and some salmon croquettes; they're in the oven, though," Sierra replied.

"Salmon croquettes? What the hell is a croquette?" Zane asked, his curiosity piqued. Scrunching her face in disbelief, Sierra gasped, "You've never had a salmon croquette before?"

"No, but it must be mad good 'cause why are you looking at me like that?" Zane chuckled, taking a bite of his bacon.

"Because it's crazy you've never had one before, so now you gotta try them," Sierra declared, opening the oven door to reveal a plate full of golden-brown croquettes. "Take a bite," she instructed, holding one up to his mouth.