"How are you feeling about tonight?" he asked, the tone in his voice reflecting a mix of excitement and concern.

"Overwhelmed, honestly. But at the same time, this is what I want," I confessed, leaning my head on his shoulder, seeking solace in his presence.

As we arrived at the studio, the bustling energy of the place enveloped us. We went through the motions of signing in, Travis as a guest and me as a show guest, navigating the familiar corridors.

"Just so you know, Tree mentioned they're doing a sketch about the NFL, focusing on us," I informed him, glancing around as we entered my dressing room, making ourselves at home.

"Yeah, she asked me if I was okay with it," Travis replied, closing the door behind us, a sense of calm enveloping us within the confined space of the room.

There was a gentle tap on the door, signaling Pete's arrival just as we were getting comfortable in the dressing room. My hair was styled, but I hadn't put on any makeup yet.

"Can I come in?" Pete's voice sounded through the slightly ajar door.

"Hey, Pete, come on in!" I greeted warmly, jumping up and walking over to welcome him.

"Long time no see," Pete remarked, stepping inside with a grin.

"Absolutely," I chuckled, settling back into my seat beside Travis.

"Kelce, nice to meet you," Pete acknowledged Travis, nodding politely before taking a seat across the room. "I wanted to ask a favor," he began, glancing at Travis.

Travis leaned forward, intrigued. "What's up?"

"You know about the skit tonight?" Pete turned his gaze to me briefly.

"Yeah, it's been mentioned," Travis replied, his curiosity piqued.

"Would you be up for helping out and reading a few lines?" Pete directed his request towards Travis.

Travis considered it for a moment, glancing at me for my opinion. I nodded eagerly, indicating my approval.

"I don't see why not," Travis agreed, a hint of excitement in his voice as he confirmed his willingness to join in.

Due to Travis's unexpected involvement in the show, we ended up leaving the studio closer to 9 pm, much later than anticipated.

As we gathered our things, I glanced at Travis, a mix of excitement and weariness painted on his face from the unexpected adventure.

"Do you still want to grab some food?" I asked, grabbing my bag and standing ready to leave.

"If you're up for it, I'm definitely down," Travis replied, leaning over to plant a gentle kiss on my cheek, a reassuring warmth amidst the late-night hustle.

"Okay, my driver has the address," I informed him as we walked out, my heart feeling lighter with every step we took. The night air was crisp, a welcome contrast to the studio's controlled chaos.

The city was alive, the lights illuminating the streets as we made our way to the waiting car. I felt a flutter of excitement at the thought of spending some quiet time together after the eventful evening.

Travis held the car door open for me, a small gesture that spoke volumes. As we settled into the backseat, the city lights streaming by, a sense of contentment settled over me.

As we stepped into the restaurant, the soft ambiance and the gentle hum of conversation enveloped us. I could feel my heartbeat quickening, my fingers trembling slightly with nerves. It was an unfamiliar sensation, being out for a quiet dinner with Travis after the whirlwind of the day.

"Are you okay?" Travis's concerned voice reached me amidst the soft murmur of the restaurant.

"Yeah, just nerves," I confessed, stealing a glance at him. His presence had a soothing effect, a silent assurance that I wasn't alone in navigating these feelings.

His hand gently squeezed mine, a reassuring gesture that grounded me. The warmth of his touch seemed to melt away the anxious jitters. His calm demeanor and the familiar comfort of his presence eased the knots in my stomach.

The host led us to a secluded table, dimly lit with a candle casting a soft glow. Travis pulled the chair for me, a small gesture that brought a smile to my face. As we settled into our seats, the nervous energy dissipated, replaced by a sense of quiet joy at simply being together.

I scanned the menu, trying to focus on the dishes rather than the whirlwind of emotions swirling within me. The waiter approached, and Travis graciously let me order first. I chose a familiar dish, hoping to settle my nerves.

"I'll have the chicken Alfredo, please," I said, my voice betraying a hint of tension.

Travis followed suit, ordering a steak. As the waiter left, a brief silence hung between us, the clinking of cutlery against plates the only sound.

"So, how's your steak?" I said, trying to break the ice.

"It's good, really good," he replied, a small smile playing on his lips. "But you seem a bit quieter than usual."

I took a deep breath, trying to steady my thoughts. "Trav, there's something I've been meaning to say."

He turned his gaze toward me, an encouraging look in his eyes.

"I love you," I finally uttered, the words escaping in a whisper. It felt both terrifying and freeing to finally express what had been swirling in my heart for so long.

Travis's eyes widened in surprise, a mix of emotions crossing his face. A heartbeat passed before a wide grin stretched across his face.

"Tay, I love you too," he said, his voice filled with sincerity.

"I am so scared," I admitted

The warmth in Travis's eyes offered reassurance, the flickering candlelight reflecting a sense of understanding. His hand reached across the table, finding mine, a gesture of comfort amidst the admission of fear.

"You don't have to be scared, Tay. I'm here, and we'll figure this out together," Travis said, his tone soothing.

His assurance was like a lifeline, grounding me in the moment. I inhaled deeply, trying to steady the racing thoughts in my mind. The ambience of the restaurant seemed to cocoon us in a bubble of intimacy, the noises around us fading into the background.

"I just never thought..." I began, words stumbling as emotions swirled within me.

"Hey, it's okay," he interrupted gently, squeezing my hand. "Love isn't always smooth sailing, and that's okay too."

His understanding gaze held mine, a silent reassurance that he wasn't going anywhere, regardless of the tumultuous emotions or fears I harbored. For a moment, the worries that had plagued me seemed to lessen, eclipsed by the genuine connection between us.

"Thank you," I murmured, a small smile forming as his presence brought a sense of comfort.

The evening meal unfolded, conversation flowing effortlessly between us. We spoke of shared memories, dreams, and aspirations. With each passing moment.