Departing (soap)

a/n- this ones short as hell , #the poetic rizzler has spoke... 🌚 , also I put this oneshot in my soap oneshots book because I make separate oneshot books for each character but in this book it's all random but enjoy !

''You think one day ghost will ever take off his mask?''
You asked as you looked out at the sun in front of you , the sun setting creating a hue of yellow and orange color in the sky. Your feet in the warm sand as you sat in it with your legs bent and your elbows propped up on them. Soap sat next to you as you felt the soft breeze on your face. He gently leaned his head on your shoulder and he chuckled and you gave a small smile.
'' probably never , shockingly he tolerates your shit the most.''
Soap said and nudged him.
'' he's a dick but he's a trustworthy one.''
You giggled.
'' remember our first mission and we accidentally burned prices hat?''
You smirked and soap chuckled.
'' his face was absolutely priceless.''
Soap snickered and laughed as he pressed a kiss to your forehead.
'' was that a pun intended or are you just fucking with me?''
You smirked as tears filled your eyes and glossed over.

''Love Don't cry because im gone , smile because it happened. I know you miss me...but you must stay here.''
Soap says softly and firmly.
''Your not here this is just my head....''
Your voice started to crack.
''But I am here with you love , just not in the presence of you and the living, I'm with riley , roach and the others''
Soap reassured you.

It had been a week , a week since his passing and you've been having it rough. You didn't eat , drink and you stood quiet most of the time. Your bubbly and snarky personality is gone , completely wiped. It made you sick to your stomach to see him gone , the day he was shot in plain sight , that day you and the others of 141 spread his ashes , the day where you lost him.

It was soul crushing.

Ghost stood with you trying to force you to eat but not even the hard headed mask man could get through to your stubborn antics. You felt someone tap your shoulder and you turned to see that it was ghost , wearing his signature skull mask and a black hoodie with sweatpants. He saw your glossy eyes and his gaze softened as he sat down with you in the sand as the sun was setting fully and it got darker and much cooler and just quietly wrapped an arm around you. That's all it took for you to break and you leaned into his touch and shook your head.
'' why johnny...out of all people why him simon...''
Your voice was hushed but your emotion was evident as you spoke.
''It was his time y/n...i know you miss him kid. I do too..''
Ghost responded and he rubbed your arm in a comforting manner.

''You'll see him one day....we all will.''