Stay safe (ghost)

A/n - and after months of random shit I am back y'all 🤠 , I also posted this on my tumblr @callsigngray :)

Tw- mentions of needle and blood

It had been a long day.

You had been on an assignment for about two days now and shit was it hell. The last thing you remember is the sound of gunshots and screams echoing throughout as you had barely made it out alive in one piece with soap , ghost and the others. It was a firefight as the enemy had known you all were coming and all of your cover was blown as it had been a trap. You took many hits throughout the mission , not telling anyone as you really didn't take a liking to the idea of going to medbay and seeing the medics. You never liked it much and you probably never will as you often grew distant from touch as it made you uncomfortable. You hid your injuries fairly well from everybody and nobody had questioned you about it when the extraction team had come and gotten everyone out of there as quickly as possible. Cuts , a small but not deep stab wound and other small injuries littered your body as you winced as your hands were shaky as you touched the skin around your cuts and wounds , leaving you in only your sports bra and cargo pants as You stood in the small bathroom that had been assigned to you in your quarters. you stood looking in the mirror seeing the red crimson that lied smeared around on your body. You saw the purplish yellow and black bruises that littered your sides from the amount of hits you had taken and the cuts on your ribs and the small stab wound on your side that thankfully didn't go deep. You rummaged around under your bathroom sink to find a small container that read 'medkit' on the front in bright red lettering and you brought it out and opened it. You found a small needle and thread in the kit and you sighed as you looked at your festering and bleeding wound. You grabbed the lighter you kept in the medkit as well and you sparked it , igniting the flame and you ran the fire under the needle to disinfect it you then pulled out a string from the thread and You managed to loop the thread into the small loop hole in the needle after a few tries and you stood with shaky hands as you began to stitch. The sharp end making contact with your soft flesh as you sucked back a cry as you made work with what you had. As your slowly weaved the thread and needle through your skin your hands trembled as the pain was too much , the tears pricking your eyes as you bit down on your lip trying to hold back as you felt the searing hot pain. As you tried to continue working You heard a small knock on your door , causing you to freeze. Your head turned to the door and you tried to gain your composure as you wanted to see who it was but to not let them know what state you were currently in.

''One minute..''
You called out , voice giving out in the end as it cracked slightly as the pain wasn't helping.
Oh how you wished to go to the medics but you were too stubborn.
'' its me Y/n''
The deep and husky British voice came out from behind the door , sounding slightly muffled as you listened. Your eyes widened as you realized who it was and your mind started to race.

It was ghost.

'' let me in...please?.''
He asked as he pressed his forehead against the door waiting for you to answer.
You sighed , knowing you weren't going to be able to hide this from ghost you slowly walked to the door and opened it to see the familiar skull masked man that you've grown to love. Ghosts eyes widened as he saw what state you were in and he immediately went into the bathroom with you and closed the door behind him.
'' why didn't you tell me it was this bad?..''
His voice was firm yet gentle , the concern for you was evident in his eyes as he looked you over.
''You knew?..''
You say confused.
''Of course i knew , your shots grew sloppy , you walked on a limp and you were hunched over after the mission that's more than enough to tell y/n.''
Ghost sighed.
''I didn't want to go to the medics..''
You say quietly as you wipe your eyes and sighed.
Ghost shook his head and he looked at your side to see how you stitched it and he shook his head.
'' i know and your gonna get a bloody infection one day if you keep doing this''
He says in a disappointed tone as he sees you stay silent.
He sighed as he got closer to you and he rummaged around in the medkit that you had placed on the sink counter and he grabbed a roll of disinfectant and a roll of bandages. He looked down at you , his tall stature looming over you.
'' just sit down okay , let me take care of you alright luv ?.''
You just nodded and sat down on the toilet seat and you watched as ghost took off his gloves revealing his large and calloused hands.
He then gently grabbed a soft pad and opened the disinfectant bottle and poured some on the pad and he kneeled in front of you and he looked you over before everting his glaze onto you.
'' may i?''
He asked as he didnt want to make you uncomfortable with anything he did. You gave him a nod of approval and he gently cleaned around your wound. As the pad came into contact with your skin you winced as you felt the burning sensation. Ghost then gently unrolled the bandages and started to wrap your side , the soft white cotton meeting your skin as the hard part was over.
His touch was warm and gentle , he was a soldier and a brutal one at that and yet who knew how gentle this man could really be. He took care of all your other small cuts making sure nothing went unchecked. As he finished up he cleaned everything up and placed everything back under the sink and then turned his attention to you. His hands made its way to your face and he gently cupped your cheeks ,His hands warm and loving.
'' Please tell me next time. I don't want to find you dead one day in this bathroom due to shit like this''
His tone was quiet and gentle , almost a plea.
You nodded and leaned into his touchl as his thumbs ghosted over your cheeks and he wiped away at the tear streaks that were on your face from before. He pulled one of his hands away and he lifted his mask only above his nose and he gave you a soft smile as he pressed a small kiss to your forehead. You gave a small smile and you lifted your hand and gently cupped his cheek as well and he gently pulled you closer to him. Before another moment could pass you let out a small yelp as he lifted you up into his arms gently and he held you bridal style , Your eyes widening a bit as you didnt expect the sudden movement. He then kissed you on your lips , this kiss warm and loving. The feeling of his lips on yours was like a dream all over again and you smiled a little into the kiss.
'' promise me you'll you'll stay as safe as possible when out on missions''
Ghost says gently as he walked with you in arms out of the bathroom and gently placed you in your bed.

''I promise , i'll stay safe''

''good''