Fiend -Vampire Mumbo-

Start from the beginning

It fell asleep in his arms shortly afterwards, making little snoring sounds as it did. He placed the bat into a shoe-box, still wrapped in the blanket and left it on his bed, the lid of the box open incase it woke. And he left, back to his building. Though the thought of the little bat didn't leave his mind all day.

- 3 weeks before -

"See you later guys!" Mumbo waved as he left the company of his friends. It had been Grian's birthday and he wanted to spend the day with his best friend, as had the rest of the server.

It was dark outside, it being the beginning of winter he needed to get used to remembering to wear a scarf or something warm that wasn't a thick black over coat. A gust of strong wind flew past him, causing him to knock back ever so slightly. Mumbo shivered at the coolness of the winter air ; he much preferred Summer.

The streets appeared a little busy of people shopping rather early for Christmas or late night take outs after work maybe, nothing out of the ordinary.

Jinx...

Mumbo watched his breath freeze before him, and smiled at such a simple thing. Doing this he hadn't noticed a hand grab him from the alleyway he walked past.

He attempted to shout but a cold hand covered his mouth, keeping him just able to breathe, but not to speak, let alone yell. Mumbo felt his eyes widen. "If you struggle I'll make it more painful." A low voice hissed in his ear.
It didn't sound human, no, the voice was deep. Desperate.

Mumbo whimpered faintly, but that only made the stranger laugh. "Oh cry all you like boy. It won't do much." The stranger's breathed onto his neck.

"Now hold still, I'll try to make it quick."

Mumbo to be honest had no idea what was going on, but he didn't like it. Some shadowy figure purred threats at him like there was no tomorrow. It was uncomfortable to say the least but he didn't expect what came next.

He found himself pinned to the wall, the captors face still hidden in the darkness. A sharp pain came from his neck next. He wanted to scream, cry, beg for mercy, anything. Though everything made him stop from doing so and he wasn't sure how. It felt as if two daggers had pierced the skin of his neck, but it wasn't daggers.

It was teeth.

The pain began to become unbearable, all Mumbo could do was stand there and accept the pain. He couldn't breathe, think, scream. His knees bucked and his breath became short and slow. The vision from his eyes darkened as a trickle of something fell down his neck. His captor still stood there, drinking his blood and seemed to be enjoying every moment of his feast.

The ravenette fell to ground when the vampire removed his grip of Mumbo. They wiped their mouth and smiled, blood staining their lips and teeth. His blood.

That was the last thing Mumbo Jumbo saw before the world became a haze.

-

"Mumbo? What are you doing on my bed?" Iskall found the hermit laying sprawled across the sheets, half awake.
"I don't know." He mumbled. He sat up and found a cardboard box flattened on his bum, he narrowed his eyes.
"The bat!" Iskall jumped and push mumbo off the bed to get the bat, though it wasn't there. There was no trace of it.
"How? I'm so confused right now." He scratched his head.
Mumbo stood and wobbled as he did before facing Iskall. He hadn't noticed his clothes half burned but he knew for a fact his stomach still ached from nothing to eat.
"So am I." Mumbo blinked.

Iskall noticed his friends state and his brows knotted, "What happened to your clothes Mumbo? Did another one of your red stone projects do that?" He asked, his accent getting thicker the more he got confused.
"Yes! Yes they did." Mumbo nodded hastily.
Iskall smiled, "Well, I can give you a jacket so the others won't notice."
"Others?" Mumbo wined, the last thing he needed was more company.
The hermit nodded, "Yes I'm hosting a little party, just for fun really. You're early but the others such be here any minute."
Mumbo smiled, he walked over to the door. Iskall noticed something different in his smile, something dark. Then he heard the click of door closing and the lock that came straight after. "Then we have time." He whispered.
"Mumbo?"

"I'm sorry Iskall, but I can't stand this anymore. I'll be quick I swear. But I need you to keep still." He took a step closer but Iskall took another step away until he hit a wall.
"Mumbo stop this. This is a bit creepy."
Mumbo hummed in agreement but didn't stop moving.

"Look I-" The brunette was cut off by Mumbo's teeth sinking into the flesh on his neck.
He couldn't breathe, he tried to yell for help but what was the point. No one was near them.

He swore this was how he was going to die, he started to cry which made Mumbo stop.

"Iskall, my friend, I'm sorry I really am but I'll die if I don't do this. You'll be fine, just a bit dazed." He spoke softly.

Before he could plead again, Mumbo was back to feasting the blood on his neck. He was enjoying this way too much then he planned, he didn't think he'd ever stop.

He's spend over a fortnight feeding on birds and rabbits with the occasional sheep. But human blood, no this was new. He could get used to this exquisite taste.

His thoughts came to a holt when the door swung open with Stress and Ren standing on the otherwise. Stupid, he hadn't even heard the door unlock.

He heard the scream escape Stress's lips and she ran to Iskall who fell limp to the floor.

Ren growled and lunged after Mumbo, he tried to get to the window but it was no use.

Mumbo gelt something hard hit the side of his head and he crumpled to the floor.

-

A sharp, heavenly like light flashed in his eyes and he woke. He felt terrible, his head ached like a massive hangover had kicked in. Thought the last thing he remembered was...

No.

The room was dull in colour but bright in lighting. The window was closed with the blinds down as a few light bulbs lit the white room. Beside him was Stress holding his hand and Xisuma talking with the Mayor in a corner of the room. Their solemn faces showed some sort of emotion when they noticed Iskall was awake.
"Stay lying down for a moment Iskall, you're still in recovery. Cub said you'll be fine, you just need to rest from the amount of blood you lost." X smiled weakly, placing a hand on his shoulder.
"Mumbo?"
The others shared a worried glance before Scar responded, "Ren caught it and knocked it out with the hilt of his sword. We've put it under confinement until we can figure out what to do with it."

It. They didn't think him as Mumbo now, just another monster your parents would tell you about as children to make you brush your teeth or do as your told. But Mumbo wasn't a monster, far from one.

But that didn't seem to matter now.

Bit long today

Word count - 1923