-Mine- Ranchers + Flower Husbands

Request from @ijuswannahavefun
And also @JenTheAxolotl97

Sorry these take forever, I've lost the motivation recently but I still wanna get y'all's requests written so do be patient please!

I've kinda merged two ideas together so I hope this is okay!

Scott took a stroll through Tumble Town, he wanted to see Jimmy of course. He's had a massive crush on him since they first met when Scott stumbled across this town. Jimmy was only a deputy then, and was still so proper about his job. He thought that was why he loved the Sheriff so much, a man in uniform was so adorable. He found himself heading to the tavern, he knew he could find Jimmy there once the sun had began to set.

The building was thriving with people from the town: a few children playing on the piano with the musicians, farmers taking shots of whiskey and folk dancing to the beats of the music or playing cards. He recognised a few familiar faces in the room, he smiled at him and waved hello to which he returned. But at last, Jimmy was found. He sat near the centre of the room, his hat resting perfectly on his head ; his shirt unbuttoned slightly ; his gun strapped at his side, a hand hovering above it. "Jimmy!" Scott smiled so wide. The Sheriff's eyes never left the cards though he waved a hand at Scott, indicating for him time sit. "Another round my friends?" An older cowboy huffed, checking his pocket for coins he could bet. "I've got time, old timer. How's 'bout you Scott, you fancy a round of Black Jack?" Scott loved Jimmy's thick Tumble Townian accent.
"I don't know how to play, I'll watch." He laughed quietly and sat down beside Jimmy.

Scott sat and cheered his crush on through the game, even though it was clear luck wasn't on the Sheriff's side. "I'll take that Jim!" One lady smiled as she wickedly grinned and took twenty gold pieces from him. "Good game guys, I'll be heading off now." He gulped the last of his ale and stood abruptly, "Early start tomorrow you see, Oliver I guess I'll trust you to be on guard." The sheriff adjusted the hat on his blonde head.
"Will to boss."
"Good, Scott are you staying?" Jimmy asked.
Scott stood by beside the sheriff, "No I'll take my leave too. I just wanted to see you before tomorrow Petal."
The nickname seemed to make him blush of embarrassment, Jimmy rubbed his neck and opened the door for Scott. "Well," he stuttered, "I'll see you there then. Good night Mr.Smajor.

-

"Good Morning Rancher." Tango hummed past as he get the chickens. Jimmy yawned, taking a step into the garden of the Ranch. "Howdy Tango."
"Howdy? Oh yes, I keep forgetting that. How is Tumble Town?" He asked, handing Jimmy a bag of chicken feed.
"Wonderful as ever. You know I just recently built an another mile of rail way track."
Tango chuckled, "And how many more to go?"
Jimmy laughed and sighed a response and got to work on the each as Tango went to fix the roof.

An hour passed. Jimmy was tending to the fence after some of it being knocked over by others. "Jimmy, honey I'll finish it for you. Apparently Grian wanted to talk about sugarcane." He whispered.
"Yes of course." He winked smugly.
Jim left a minute or so later and hugged his soulmate goodbye and hoped over the fence to Grian and Scar's abode.

"Where is he off to?" A familiar voice asked. Tango jumped, "Scott I didn't see you there. He's off to Grian's nothing to concern yourself with."
Scott hummed and rested his hands on the finished fence work.
"Who do I have to thank for these beautiful flowers in your Ranch, poppies are beautiful."
"Jimmy chose them, he said he does it every season." The blonde smiled at his soulmate's creativity.
"You know, I did know that." He smiled proudly. "But what I don't know is why you're taking my husband away from me." The smile disappeared as quick as it came.
"I'm sorry?" His eyebrows crossed.
Scott's eyes darkened, "He may be your soulmate Tango, but he was mine first. And I don't like sharing."
Tango lifted his chin, "You damn well I'd do no such thing. He chose me Scott, and he's not your husband and hasn't been for years."
He reached for his sword when he saw Scott rest his hand in the hilt, "He didn't choose you, he didn't have a choice but once this is over. He'll come crawling back to me. He always does. He's mine." He smirked, a wicked smile, "The Sheriff loves me, why would he care for a hermit like you? It's nothing but pity, so don't take it to heart Tango."

And he just left, skipping through the trees in doubt to find Cleo. Tango went inside.

-

Jimmy opened the door to the Ranch. His beautiful Ranch, there was no place like home. A golden gleam from the sun half hidden behind the roof of the Ranch shone on his face. It maybe  death game, but the calmness of both dawn and dusk had nothing to compare too.

He found the door slightly open to their house, Tango always shut the door to keep the draft from getting in. "Tango, honey?" Jimmy called into the seemingly empty house.
No response.
Jimmy quickly dumped the contents of Sugarcane into a chest and climbed the ladder to the upper floor of their home.
"Where have you been all day?" Tango was sitting on the edge of the bed, his back facing Jimmy. "Grian kept me for longer than I thought. He had business he didn't want anyone over hearing so we went to the edge of the map." Jimmy walked around the bed slowly to his soulmate.
"Did you take any detours on your way back?" His voice was hoarse, as if he'd been crying, or screaming even.
"Tango what's wrong?"
Tango hissed, "I ask the questions first. Answer it Jimmy."
Jimmy felt his throat bob, why was he acting like this?
"No I came straight home to the Ranch, to you."
"And Scott?"
Jimmy's eyes widened, why was so he concerned about Scott?
"I've not seen him today? Is he okay?"

Tango stood and turned to face Jim. His eyes were redder than normal and looked like he'd been crying all day. Jim went to brush a falling tear from his face though his hand was pushed away. "Tango, have I done something wrong? If I have please tell me, honey, I can't bear to see you like this. I'm sorry." Jimmy fiddled with his hands, unknowing what to do with them.

All he wanted to do was hug his soulmate till the end of time, but clearly that wasn't an option now.

"Tell me Jimmy. Do you love me?"
He felt a bit taken back by the question, "What couldn't I love about you?"
Tango's face remained solemn, "That wasn't an answer."
"Yes! Yes I love you Tango. I'm more than happy to be your soulmate, because I love you more than words I could ever express. I knew I loved you from the moment we spawned turning yellow, the fear and pain in your eyes made something break in my heart that I'd spend the rest of my life fixing if I had too. You're my everything Tango. You're mine."

Not a second passed after Jim's speech when Tango jumped into his arms and sobbed into his chest. "Thank you." He mumbled, barely a whisper. Tango felt soft lips kiss his fiery hair and arms around his waist. That's all he needed to hear.

-

A few days later...
Back on Empires...

"Thanks Oliver, you'll make a perfect Sheriff someday."
Oliver smiled, and nodded his hat to Jimmy and walked away.

A spot of colour flew across the sky and landed by his feet. "Howdy, Scott. What can I do for you today?"
"Just thought I'd catch up with you Petal."
The only suprise Scott showed was a blink or two when Jimmy didn't fluster over the name.
"Now, now Scott, no need for the names. Jimmy will do just fine."
"So what shall we do today, I hear a new restaurant opened in Sanctuary-"
Jimmy laughed a low laugh, "Sorry Scott I'm busy but maybe another time."
He was just about to walk off when he faced the cyanette once again. "Even better, maybe we won't have another time. You see, if you hurt my soulmate again I won't hesitate into returning the favour. Okay Scott?" Jimmy gritted his teeth, controlling his temper.
"He told you then? Told you about the villain he thinks me to be."
Jimmy brushed a hand to through his hair, "He didn't need to. Goodbye Scott."

Word count - 1481