You Are Real

Edward Chen seemed to have returned to his former self after a few weeks, but there was a prominent change in his personality.

Obsession.

He was relentless in capturing the enigmatic figure with spectacles, passionately playing the violin upon his canvas. Reluctant to let go of the memory, he immortalized the moment when his hands effortlessly moved on their own. It was that man who saved him from his misery of pain and despair, he wouldn't stop thinking him hoping that someday he would meet him just once more.

And this time, it won't be a dream this time.

Eddy's family couldn't help but notice his newfound happiness. He has never been so joyful, even Belle was taken aback by his sudden smiles. Unbeknownst to them, the enigmatic violinist had made an unforgettable impression on the painter's soul, an impression that would permanently shape his art and redefine his very being. Each stroke of the brush on the canvas held a touch of enchantment, as if the melodies of the violin had been delicately intertwined into the very essence of his art. Eddy's obsession intensified daily, and he was consumed by the need to find the enigmatic violinist in order to fully grasp the extent of his own creativity. He began his quest, searching the streets and concert halls, hoping to catch a glimpse of the person who had touched his soul so deeply.

Searching tirelessly on the internet for that elusive concert hall he had always dreamed of, he scoured through every listing of soloists, yet his efforts proved fruitless. His determination remained unwavering as he persisted in adding mesmerizing paintings to his art collection.

Belle approached her little brother's room, recalling the last time she had checked on him - it was when he was throwing tantrums and struggling to regain control of his emotions. She knocked softly on his door, and when there was no response, she slowly turned the handle and peered inside. Eddy was seated at his desk, enveloped by paintings and sketches, his gaze locked onto the screen as he examined each image with passionate determination. Belle was astonished to see a portrait of that violinist pasted in every wall until there was no space, the dynamic poses of the man in the canvas were surprisingly breathtaking. Eddy's ability to craft such intricate and true-to-life portraits of the violinist left her in awe, as he managed to capture the very essence of the subject with each masterful brushstroke. As she approached the artworks, her gaze was captivated by a small notebook brimming with lyrics and musical notations, revealing Eddy's profound infatuation with the man wearing glasses.

" Didi? " Belle called out his name, a playful smirk tugging at her lips as her little brother flinched with a blush on his face when he turned around to see her.

" Belle, what are you doing in my room? Didn't you even knock? " Eddy responded, a hint of annoyance in his voice as he noticed his sister's presence invading his sanctuary. However, all he heard in response was a mischievous giggle.

" I've been knocking on the door for the past five minutes, and you didn't respond.. " She replied and goes back to observing his drawings once more and got close to one of the canvas with half-finished portrait of the violinist, " So who's the lucky man? "

" WHA- It's not what you t-think! " The tall painter quickly interjected, hastily positioning himself between his sister and one of his prized artworks.

Belle arched an eyebrow and folded her arms, clearly she knows Eddy from the back of her hand. Her eyes were fixed on the half-finished painting that Eddy was desperately trying to protect, while she let out a sigh of exasperation. " Every time you say that, it's always something interesting, " she remarked sarcastically.