Just A Dream

" A painter discovers that the images they paint are becoming real, blurring the lines between art and reality.. "

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

The poised Asian gentleman exudes an aura of tranquil reflection, as though he is being summoned by an untouched canvas that demands his unwavering devotion and undivided attention. In his right hand, he held a pristine and untouched brush, brimming with creative potential.

Edward Chen, a renowned artist, captivated people with his masterpieces depicting serene forests, tranquil lakes, and majestic mountains. His vibrant colors and lifelike imagery on each canvas brought sheer awe to all who laid eyes upon them. It has been precisely three years since he unveiled his last masterpiece to the world.

Like Bob Ross.

However, what sets him apart is his ability to capture the essence of classical music through his painting. Each stroke on canvas reflects the emotion and mood conveyed by the music playing in the background. His masterpiece, the Debussy Expedition, was not only adored by the art enthusiasts but also by the classical music aficionados. His distinct and groundbreaking artworks catapulted him into the spotlight of the modern age, reigniting a revitalized enthusiasm for art among the younger generation.

Unfortunately, during his tour in Europe, he was involved in a car accident. As each day passed following the accident, his condition steadily declined. Restricted from excessive movement, he was being forced entirely to rest and physical therapy in order to facilitate his recovery. His family felt relieved to see him safe and sound, but it was truly distressing to witness the traumatic effects of the accident on him. When Edward finally picked up his beloved brushes, after six long months of recovery, a glimmer of hope and happiness filled his heart. But then he couldn't move them anymore.

It just stayed there, trying to reach to the blank paper to paint.

Overwhelmed by pain and frustration, he desperately tried to move his hand. His once fervent love for painting has metamorphosed into a deep-seated loathing, intensifying his continuous journey of self-healing.

A year after he was released from the hospital, he found himself in a wheelchair. Despite his condition, Belle Chen, his sister, never left his side. She not only took care of him physically, making sure he was fed and dressed properly, but also offered the emotional support that he take for granted most of the time. Belle's unwavering patience and commitment shone brightly even in the face of obstacles, as she ensured her brother felt cherished and encouraged throughout his journey of healing. Sadly it never showed an signs of her little brother coming back as himself, it affected the whole family especially her of course.

" How's you brother, la? " The mother asked her oldest daughter as she closes the door gently.

" Eddy is not responding, ma.. " She replied with a frown on her face trying not to cry in front of her mother, " He's just staring at his painting stuff, just holding on to his brush that's all.. "

" Aiyah.. Is it too much for him to handle or deal with..? " Mama Chen was so worried for his son, she couldn't help but feel her heart breaking just knowing his son still not recovering at all.

" He will come around, darling.. " Papa Chen then interrupted the two ladies in front of Edward's door, " the doctor said that it would take a lot of energy and time for him to get back on his normal routine, let's be positive for him cause he needed that right now from us.. "