12

Jungkook pov

A week passed, and the ache of missing
Y/n grew more palpable. Recently, I faced a devastating setback – an operation I conducted didn't succeed, and the child tragically lost their life. To add to the weight on my shoulders, the grieving parents decided to file a lawsuit against me. The burden of guilt and the looming threat to my career left me in a state of constant struggle.

A day, Y/n walked into my office, her eyes reflecting a mix of concern and compassion. "Jungkook, we need to talk," she said, her voice a soothing presence amidst the chaos.

Caught off guard, I hesitated, unsure of how much to reveal. Y/n, however, insisted, "I know about the operation, Jungkook. You don't have to face this alone. We're in this together."

As I finally poured out the heavy emotions I'd been carrying, Y/n placed a comforting hand on my shoulder. "We'll find a way through this, Jungkook. You're not alone," she reassured me, her words a balm to my wounded spirit.

Empathy radiated from her as she declared, "I had no idea you were dealing with this, Jungkook. But now that I know, let me help you." Her determination became a source of strength, instilling hope in my battered heart.

In the days that followed, Y/n tirelessly utilized her CEO power to navigate the intricacies of the case. Dialogues with legal experts, unraveling the truth behind the operation, and gathering evidence became a testament to her unwavering commitment. Her resilience left me in awe.

One evening, Y/n visited me at the hospital with a reassuring smile. "Jungkook, we've made progress. The evidence is on our side, and I believe we can clear your name."

Relieved yet still grappling with the emotional aftermath, I expressed my gratitude, "Y/n, I can't thank you enough. You've been my anchor through this storm."

She chuckled softly, "That's what friends are for, Jungkook. We support each other." Y/n's intervention not only cleared my name but also deepened the connection between us. Her actions spoke louder than words, and in those challenging moments, her friendship became an invaluable lifeline.

Taehyang pov

The days unfolded after the resolution of Jungkook's case, and the completion of the project brought a sense of relief. My happiness wasn't merely about the project; it was the prospect of Y/n not having to work closely with Jungkook anymore. That thought alone brought a genuine smile to my face.

In the midst of this contentment, I decided to surprise Y/n with a bouquet of carefully selected flowers. Each bloom held a significance as I presented them with a charming smile, saying, "Just a little something to brighten your day, Y/n."

Her laughter filled the room as she appreciated the gesture. "Are you turning into a romantic, Tae?" she teased, holding the bouquet.

I shrugged, a playful glint in my eyes. "Maybe I am. Anything to see that smile on your face."

As she arranged the flowers on her desk, I casually leaned against the doorway. "You know, Y/n, those flowers pale in comparison to your beauty."

Rolling her eyes at my flirtatious remark, she retorted, "Smooth talker, aren't you? Save it for someone who might fall for it."

I chuckled, letting the banter mask the sincerity beneath the surface. "Well, if I'm not the one making your heart race, who is?"

Y/n shook her head, dismissing my comment. "Nobody, Tae. I'm just focused on work."

Unbeknownst to me, the playful teasing sparked a subtle curiosity within her. Despite her initial resistance, my charm was beginning to seep past the walls she had built. The dynamics of our friendship were shifting, and a newfound tension lingered in the air as we navigated this uncharted territory.

Y/n pov

In the weeks that followed the successful project completion, a sense of accomplishment permeated the air. To celebrate, I decided to host a grand party for our employees, shareholders, and even invited Jungkook to join the festivities. As I prepared for the event, a call from Taehyang informed me that he was on his way to pick me up, ensuring everything was arranged at the company.

Quickly getting ready, I went down to find Taehyung at the door, looking remarkably handsome. For the first time, a strange but delightful feeling washed over me as he complimented, "Come, baby, you're looking so beautiful tonight." Teasingly, I rolled my eyes, "Tae, you look different today." Chuckling, he asked, "Why are you scaring me?" Our banter continued as we made our way to the car, with him playfully teasing me during the drive.

Upon reaching the company, The party venue at the company was abuzz with excitement. Colleagues mingled, sharing congratulatory remarks and toasting to the success of the project. Taehyang and I navigated through the crowd, and he whispered, "You've really outdone yourself with this party, Y/n. It's fantastic."

I chuckled, "Well, I had a great team to work with." Taehyang grinned, "True, but you're the one who brought us all together."

As we enjoyed the festivities, Jungkook approached us, a genuine smile on his face. "Y/n, Taehyang, congratulations on the success of the project. This party is amazing."

"Thanks, Jungkook," I replied. Taehyang added, "We couldn't have done it without your expertise, Jungkook."

Amidst the celebration, Taehyang leaned closer and teased, "By the way, Y/n, you never answered my question earlier. How do I look today?" I smirked, "Different, but not bad. It suits you." He chuckled, pleased with my response.