What kind of question dodging was that?

Not bothering to push the issue I stated something else. "Why are you smoking?" I asked Nord, hands on my hips like some aggressive hall monitor. "And you, why are you getting others int your nasty habits?" I said, rounding on the foxie who had the decency to at least look frightened, even if his eyes were actually smiling. "Smoking is bad for you!"

Nord choked out a laugh. "We are so old, that this will hardly matter in the end, Lady Enna."

I pouted, crossing my arms and glaring. Probably acting like the child I had looked like a fortnight ago. "I would rather none of you sent yourselves to the grave earlier than you need to! Have a heart for your poor, immortal, god why don't you."

"We aren't ready to go off to the next life just yet." Chuckled Brax. 

"though, given most recent events, you seem more in danger of loosing your life." Rumbled Nord. He had spoken to me, but was glaring at Lagdon, who I felt tense behind me.

So I glared back at Nord. "Don't you go blaming Lagdon for that." I huffed. "He did everything he was supposed to. It was just a string of bad luck that got us messed up in that forest."

"I take it you wouldn't dream of putting the blame on yourself then?" Laughed Brax, basically slapping his knee in amusement.

So I glared at him too. "No, I do not! I did nothing wrong either. It is hardly my fault that a bunch of stumps snatched me from the edge of a forest while I was doing my job of checking on things. I was being very care-"

"Lady Enna!" Some one called, interrupting the steam I was building. We all turned to see a younger Foxie boy dashing our way, hand raised high to get out attention. Hmmm, this was probably bad. Every time I am interrupted it seems to be for something bad...

The boy, about ten or twelve and a hobgoblin, reached our small group around the porch, and Stopped. He was bent over, one hand on a knee for support and the other raped around his ribs as he panted, clouds of breath billowing about.

"What's got you in such a hurry, Lad?" Grumped Brax.

It was still a little strange seeing children here. Not that there were none before the Specter incident, but since more people had decided to move to this town, they had also brought their families. Before it had been just guards and servants. Still, It was a pleasant thing to see, as my home felt less like a dang military base now, and more like how I had envisioned it the first time I set eyes on the monstrosity of a mansion the goblins and foxes had built me, when I had thought I was getting a cottage. At most, a little temple.

Trust a bunch of goblin craftsmen to go overboard I guess.

"Sorry," The boy panted before sucking in a deep breath of frigid air and straightening up. His bright red hair marked him as a magically inclined goblane. "But I have message for you Lady Enna."

"What would that be?" I asked. It was a big relief to me that the people here had gotten a little more used to not bowing or looking awe-inspired every-time they saw me these days. It felt a lot more comfortable around here these days. The younger ones were doing it better than the older ones so far, but I appreciated the change to less formal behavior all the same.

"Terra sent me. She says that there has been an urgent message come in and that it would be best to come. Err-" He added, eyes moving to the two elderly people on the porch, smoking pipes. "She sent people to find you two as well. But she said that if I were to find you- well, she said that I should tell you: 'to get there decrepit backsides back here and do their damn jobs!'- Er, sirs..."

I felt for the boys awkwardness, but couldn't suppress a chuckle. That sounded like something the kobold would say. "Did it seem like it was bad news?" I asked.

Enna is a Land God: Book 3On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara