Chapter 26 : Jealous

Chase's P.O.V.-

I walked down the halls of the academy with a big grin on my face. For some reason I was very happy. And I don't know why. I mean. My crush, Lauren rejected me yesterday. So I have no idea why I was son happy. There was no reason for me to be. Happy. No reason at all.

I was on my way to Dani's room. I wanted to hang out with her since. That was kind of like my mission for the day. Yeah. I'm kidding. I just really wanted to hang out with her. As I entered the girl dorm building, I saw Spin walk towards the entrance. Where I was. I decided to talk to him for a while, before I meet up with Dani. "Hey, Spin," I greeted him, all cheerfully. 

After the whole "fight" Spin and I had, we sorta became friends. Not really. Whenever I'm hanging out with Dani, Spin is always glaring at me. And he is also always sending me dirty looks. I guess he's still unsure about Dani and I being friends. Because according to him, I broke her.

"Hey, Chase," Spin greeted, a little bitterly. "So. Where are you going?" I asked the young boy. "Oh. I'm going to my dorm, to create this speech to give to Sebastian. Well. I'm probably not going to write a speech. I'm probably going to write one word and then go to sleep. After my nap, I will go up to Sebastian and yell at him," Spin answered. I raised my eyebrows. 

"Why are you gonna yell at him?" I asked. "Cause he's going on a date with Dani. I need to tell him, that if he hurts her, and leaves her heartbroken, I'm gonna-" Spin began. "Wait. Dani? Is going on a date? With Sebastian?" I questioned, cutting Spin off. "Yeah. Everyone's talking about it. Where have you been?" Spin said all matter-factly. I stared at the little boy in shock. I couldn't believe it. Sebastian asked Dani on a date! And she said yes?!! 

"Well, bye!" Spin said, walked out of the building. I stood where I was, staring off into space. I thought Sebastian was my friend. Wait. Why am I upset? I don't exactly understand why I was upset. Dani is my friend. That's it. That is all she would ever be for me. But, when I told myself that, I felt myself get more upset. So that shocked and terrified me. 

I decided to just go and talk to Dani. Well, not exactly a talk, where we are both speaking. Oh! You know what I mean! Look. I'm just gonna talk to Dani. Even though this happened just yesterday, Dani should of told me. This is very big, so she should of told me. She should have. We were like best friends. Best friends are supposed to tell friends stuff. They are supposed to tell each other anything and everything. 

I walked to the elevator and pressed Dani's floor button. When I reached the floor, I marched straight to Dani's room. I was about to knock on the door, but then I realized the door was opened. I didn't bother to knock, I just barged in. But I regretted it. Sebastian was here, and he was sitting on Dani's bed with her. With his arm around MY Dani! Wait-what? Dani looked up at me with her beautiful, breath-taking, adorable brown eyes. She gave me a small smile. Sebastian however just glared at me.

"Chase. Haven't seen you since the test. How are you?" Sebastian said, all friendly. But I could tell, he wasn't very happy to see me. "Well. I was just looking for you, Dani. So we could hang out," I said, looking down at my shoes. "I didn't mean to interrupt anything," I said, looking back up at Dani. She nodded, and looked down.

"So. Do one of you care to tell me what was going on here?" I asked, trying to act oblivious. Dani shifted her position like she was getting uncomfortable. "Oh. You don't know? I'll tell ya. Dani and I are going on a date tonight," Sebastian answered. My hands turned into fists in less than a second. I could just feel my eyes darkening. "Great. Have fun," I hissed through my gritted teeth. I walked out of the room, and slammed the door on my way out. 

I didn't leave. I just stood outside of the door. As the world passed by. I leaned my back on the door, and took a moment to let everything sink in. I shook my head, and walked back to the mentor quarters. I took a seat on the couch, and stared up at the ceiling. I just felt like dying. Why? Was the only question going through my head.

Dani's P.O.V.-

I stayed on my bed with Sebastian when Chase left. The way he looked, hurt me. But. He was going to start Lauren soon. I knew it. I just have to move on from these weird feelings for Chase. "So are you ready for our date tonight?" Sebastian asked. I looked up at him and nodded. "Hey. I've been meaning to ask you. What's up with Chase and you? Did you two use to secretly date or something?" Sebastian asked. My eyes widened. I shook my head violently no. 

Sebastian chuckled. "Okay, good. Just don't hurt yourself." He told me. I nodded and gave him a small smile. "So. I should go, before Spin comes and yells at me," Sebastian said, standing up and getting off of the bed. "I'll see ya tonight," Sebastian said. He leaned in and kissed my cheek. He then left. I watched as the door closed. I looked down at my hands, and mentally sighed.

Congrats! You finally got a hot boy to pay attention to you! Violet said in my head. My eyes widened. Lately I haven't been hearing Violet. But she just had to come back. Go away, Violet. I'm not in the mood, I told her through my thoughts. Aw! The little girl is guilty after hurting a nerd! Violet said. He is not a nerd! I shouted at her. Yeah. Right. He's not a nerd. Okay, Violet said. Leave me alone Violet, I told her.

After that, I didn't hear her. So I assumed she left my mind in peace. I leaned back on the headboard of my bed, and stared at the ceiling. I saw the picture I painted on one of the few days I was here. I smiled at the picture, and turned on my side. I slowly drifted to sleep.

*Later That Day*

I had just gotten ready for my date with Sebastian. I wanted to look as happy as I could, since I was breaking inside. I didn't want to hurt Sebastian. He has been so nice, it would just be way to mean. There was a knock on my door. I assumed it was Sebastian so I used my molecular-kinesis to open the door. I didn't pay attention to who entered, cause I was too focused on fixing my hair. 

"Hey, Dani," I heard a soft voice greet. I turned around to become face to face with Chase. He looked at me up and down and then made eye contact with my once again. "Y-Y-You look absolutely stunning," Chase complimented. I looked down as heat rushed to my cheeks.

Chase's P.O.V.-

I looked at Dani up and down, just to take in her beauty. Not that she wasn't beautiful, before. But. Oh, you know what I mean! Sorry. When I complimented Dani, she looked down. I smiled at myself. Dani looked back up at me, and she smiled. I swear her smile, made the room light up. 

"So. Where is he taking you?" I asked, trying to make conversation. Dani picked up her tablet, and began typing things. She then showed me the message. Today in the school cafeteria, they're doing this whole date night thing. That is where I will be spending my first date. I nodded. Mr. Davenport did this date night thing, since he wanted the students to live this normal teenage life. 

There was then a knock on the door. Dani walked passed me and to the door. She opened it to reveal Sebastian. I glared daggers at him. He did the same, without Dani noticing. "Hey, Dani. Chase," Sebastian greeted. "Sebastian," I said through gritted teeth. Dani looked back from me to Sebastian. She shrugged and began to type things on to her tablet.

Sebastian read it, and nodded. Dani went to the other side of the room, to get her purse. I saw Sebastian look down at Dani's butt and then looked back up. I honestly didn't like the way Sebastian looked at Dani. Dani came back with her purse. She turned to me and gave me a small smile. I returned it.

"I just remembered I have to go help, Leo. See ya, peeps!" I said, and left the room. I walked outside of the academy and to the mini forest. I shouted in anger. I then got out my laser bow and hit a tree repeatedly a few times. I put my laser bow down and ran a hand through my hair. Why was I acting like this? 

{AUTHOR'S NOTE:

That is the end of this chapter. I'm gonna skip writing the big date. I know that's sad. So. I've been wondering, if you guys think I should submit this story for TheWatty's. I don't know if I should. Also, I might post another chapter up today, if I finish writing it. Since I got nothing really planned for today. Please tell me your thoughts in the comments below. Until next time. Bye-Bye!}