"Fedra was packed with them. Kill one soldier, chances are about fifty fifty they have em." Pulling his mask back down, getting ready for action.

"Here's the plan. I'm gonna go there and kill the clickers and runners. Once they're done, I'll walk back here, exposing my back to them. When they crept up on me, I want you to blow them up with the grenade." That's a sick plan, even for Ellie.

"What if you get caught by the explosion?"

"Thought you said you're better than average?" His remark caught Ellie off guard.

"I di-"

"I'm going in." Just like that, he rushed in and began his fight with the infected.

All Ellie can do is watch as (Y/N) goes berserk hacking and slashing the enemies like it's a video game.

Ellie can't say that she's not impressed, by both his skills and idiocy. But that she already knew.

*THUD!!!

A right swing to the runner, followed by a jab to the neck of a clicker behind. The boy is like a monster in his own.

'No wonder you don't want any help. People in Jackson are gonna freak if they see this kind of shit.' Ellie thought to herself as she keeps her eyes on the boy eliminating the infected by brute strength.

'Twelve.'

*Snikt!

'Thirteen.'

The boy keeps counting his victims inside his head. Every life he took, he adds one.

'Sixteen.'

People said numbers don't lie, and what Ellie's currently witnessing isn't a lie either.

'Twenty two.'

Swarmed by the infected, is only making his job easier.

'Twenty six.'

The corpses around him are increasing, and he shows no sign of tiredness.

'Thirty four

'Thirty four.'

And that's the last of the normal ones. Only the new kind remains.

He's standing in the middle of his victims, with blood everywhere.

'And now, for the stalkers...'

He raised the bat in hand, waving at Ellie, giving her the signal that he was ready.

Ellie understood her assignment, and prepared herself as well.

As planned, he walked towards her, relaxing his shoulders as if he was letting his guard down. The so-called stalkers, begin their attempted assault on the boy. As they're rushing at him at full speed, Ellie pulled the pin, and throw the grenade in between them and (Y/N), hoping that he managed to dodge the explosion somehow.