ᴇɴᴄᴏʀᴇ ᴇᴛ ᴇɴᴄᴏʀᴇ

You stared blankly at the white screen for a few moments. It felt like forever since you had seen natural sunlight, your eyes were practically killing you because of how tired it was to sit and do the same thing. Granted, your job usually was more entertaining, it involved doing more interesting things like setting up for a party. However, this day in particular was just not it for you.

Your eyes slightly widened when you finally read and processed the large bolded letters congratulating you.

'THIS TASK HAS BEEN COMPLETED'

Your hand moved faster than your mind could process. You hastily clicked on the green arrow, waited for a moment, and then was greeted with the screen staying the same. Your shift was officially ordered and all of the supplies needed for the party was ordered and on its way.

With a heavy sigh, you placed your elbows on the desk and placed your face in your hands. It always felt so good to be done with ordering supplies. You were just hoping the party planning itself wouldn't take place until tomorrow or the day after.

Taking your hands away from your face, you looked back at the incredibly white screen with your [e/c] eyes. Your mouse cursor easily glided over to the little X in the corner of your screen, you clicked it and then went to power off your computer. It was about time you headed home and got some well-deserved rest.

As you stepped out of your office you checked the time and saw that it was around 8pm. That usually meant people were just starting to leave and would just leave a few remaining families. Running a hand through your [h/l], [h/c] hair, you swung your bag over your shoulder and mentally created a straight path towards the exit. You kept an even but quick pace, ready to just head home and curl up in your bed.

You passed by each of the green rooms, all of them looking just the same as normal. Freddy had his curtains wide open and looked to be practicing one of his songs. Roxy was at her vanity mirror, likely complimenting herself, with the curtains open slightly. Of course, Monty's curtains were completely shut and the lights were off, meaning he was destroying something. Chica had her curtains open and was jamming out in her room.

Shaking your head, you ignored it, the animatronics weren't your business and frankly you doubted they even knew you. Well, of course they probably knew you from the long list of staff members in their system. Did it really matter to you if they knew you? No, it really didn't. You couldn't care less about it.

Your eyes finally landed on the glass doors that led out of the Pizzaplex. You subconsciously moved faster towards the door, ducking your head down slightly as you did so. Successfully, you were able to slip out of the brightly colored building. Being able to stand in the cool night breeze and not have loud and obnoxious music playing in your ears. A soft sigh escaped past your lips.

Glancing over at your car, you glanced down at the floor, contemplating something for a moment before just brushing it off. You strode towards your car and got inside, placing both your hands on top of the steering wheel for a moment, you blanked out and just relaxed for a second.

Once you decided that you spent enough time waiting alone in your car, you started up the car and checked your blind spots and then reversed expertly out of the parking lot. The streets were still quite somehow for it being eight, people might have just been eager to stay inside. Your music was softer today and dug an almost perfect path to relaxation.

You hummed absentmindedly as you drove, focusing on the road ahead and letting your mind drift away from your other issues. The vast amount of cars changed to a much fewer amount as you got closer to home. Your home was a little farther away on a decent plot of land, it took about maybe thirty minutes to get to and from the Pizzaplex, not including the traffic you went through. It wasn't a bother at all to you, in fact, you enjoyed the rides, it gave you a moment to actually let your mind blank and release the chains that held you back from so much.

Pulling into your driveway, you turned off the car and hopped out. You held your bag in your hand as you walked up to the front door and took out your keys. It took a bit of searching through the keys with one hand before you found the right key.

As soon as you opened the door, a large ball of fluff trotted up to you and greeted you with a soft meow. You smiled at your black Maine Coon cat, Salem. He was just about your only friend for maybe five years now. You hung your bag upon a coat rack and then bent down to give Salem a proper greeting.

"Hey buddy. You miss me?" He only responded with a loud purr, placing his front paws on your knee, asking to be held. "No, not right now, Salem. Your one, not a normal cat. Two, I don't feel like it." You could've sworn you heard him let out a huff of disappointment as you said that. He just sassily trotted away with his head high and tail in the air. "Wow, okay, I see I'm not that important here." You chuckled softly and walked down the hall to your room.

You passed by multiple pictures hanging on the wall with a younger you in them and two adults hovering behind you. They looked almost nothing like you, however, it didn't seem to matter to your past self because you just wore a large and excited grin on your face. Although, as happy as it was, you could see right through you and understand things weren't as okay as they seemed. It was in the past. That's what they say, right? You have to put your past behind you.

Well, that was always a hard thing to do. At least it was hard for you. You passed by an old newspaper article, you stared at it and read over the giant seven letters that were grabbing the attention of every reader. Your expression hardened as your eyes glanced down to the picture of a person, you couldn't tell who it was due to the face being scribbled out with a black marker. You scowled at the sight of the newspaper, you took it into your hands and powered on the paper shredder. Placing the newspaper into the shredder, you watched as the machine hungrily devoured the paper. The last word you read was bolded and giant; "MISSING"

Sitting down on the edge of your bed, you rubbed your eyes tiredly. It was a long day and you planned to just feed Salem and then head to bed. That in itself sounded like a lot to do before you could finally hear the sickening sweet calls of sleep.

Salem came right up to the bowl as soon as you poured in the food. He glanced up at you with large blue eyes that stood beautifully with his coat before turning back to his bowl and munching away at the cat food. You put a small amount of kibble in his slow feeder too. It just gave him a way to waste away time while you were asleep. Actually, now that you pondered the thought a little longer, you were pretty sure the slow feeder you got was actually for dogs.

...

...

Oh, well, he did just fine with it.

You changed into a pair of [f/c] sweatpants and a large band T-shirt to wear to bed. You laid down on your soft mattress and pulled the blanket over you. Right as you placed your phone down on the nightstand beside you, Salem came running into the room. He leapt onto the bed and trotted to his side, right under your arms. He let out a loud purr and leaned against you, clearly ready to head to bed. You gently pet him on the head and rested your head against the pillow as you shut your eyes and waited.

It wasn't that long of a wait until the sweet sound of sleep lulled you into unconsciousness. The day was over and you were getting some much needed rest.

____

I always hate the first chapters...
Uh, anyways, if your from my other book. I promise I'm working on it too, I just wanted to start something else too because I have nothing to do.

[1446 Words]