Chapter 2.5: Is this what love feels like? (Part 2)

Sam's P.o.V

~A year ago~

He was looking at me like he was undressing me and as I fiddled with the strap of my purse, I wanted him to. He then coughed and told me he had a good time and I told him I did as well. "I plan on hiking or swimming tomorrow if you want to join me." I say and he looked at me with a smile. 

"Swimming sounds good it'll give me a reason to bring Pongo." he said, and I smiled. His dog was a cutie. I wished him a good night placing a kiss to his cheek and went inside. I leaned against the door as I heard him get into his truck. That man had me feeling something I hadn't felt in years. I wanted those big hands of his touching every inch of my body. I clenched my thighs together at just the thought of it. 

I peeled away from the door and walked into the living room of my cabin pulling out my phone in the process. I saw that Nattie had commented on my post. I pulled it up and it read. 

(Now this is a cheeseburger!) 

@FiendishNattie. Yo that looks Delish SammieDelicious.

I laughed and put a heart on her post. I than saw that she had sent me a message and I read it. 'You are having a good time?'

'Yes, thank you for pushing me to do this.' I sent back and she had sent a message of a thumb's up emoji. We ended up talking for some time through text messages and it ended when she sent a message saying she had to go. I knew it was because her hubby needed something. The rest of that evening went by relatively fast and as I got ready for bed my mind went back to Josh and his handsome face. 

That next morning, I woke up and stretched excited for a change. I climbed out of bed, brush my hair and brush my teeth. When I was done with that, I went to the closet to find the outfit I was going to wear. I found the outfit I wanted to wear it was a simple shirt and shorts. I walked into the kitchen and set into motion for some coffee and breakfast. 

I heard my phone and reached for it answered it. "Hello?" It was mom. 

"Hello Sweetie, how're you doing?" she asked, and I told I was doing fine and that I was vacation. "Met anyone new?" she asked next and that made me pause. Should I tell her I did? Or should I tell her no and that it gives me time to write my book. I decided to tell her the latter and she said, "Well you should also use that time to meet someone." 

"Maybe Mom. I'm not going to put all my hopes into that." I said and she stated she understood that. We talked for a bit more before saying our goodbyes. By that afternoon I went back into my room to change into my swimwear for the beach.