Chapter 2: Is this what love feels like?

Sam's P.o.V

~A year ago~

Coming down to the Florida beaches for vacation wasn't my idea. Not at first, it had been Nattie's idea. It was going to be for a week, but I had made two. Nick's betrayal had hurt and that had happened a year ago. Nattie said taking this vacation would help, help me move on from the heart break and from his hurtful ass. 

I drove all the way to the little cabin Nattie had already reserved for me. As I pulled up the drive and put the car in park, I smiled at the homey feel that the cabin had brought. Smiled at the embrace of peace that circled me.  I eventually got out of the car and went to the trunk pull out my luggage. 

The crunching of the gravel beneath my heels was welcoming to my ears and it brought a smile to my lips. I walked up to the Cabin door and shift my hand through the mailbox by the door looking for the key management had left for me. I grabbed it and fitted it into the lock and unlocking the door. I walked in and took in the woodsy scent that came from the scent candle on the table. 

I took my luggage to the bedroom and got out of my travel clothes into something more comfortable. The first night I wasn't going to do a thing! True to my word I hadn't slept most of it away and the only time I did have leave the cabin was food enough to last for the time I was going to be there. I didn't do much for the second day, but I did go for a hike. 

The Third day was taking advantage of the hot tub on the wrap around porch. Drinking wine and scrolling through my social media was a good time to pass the time. I saw that I had message from Tish, and I opened it and read the message. 

'Wish you were here! Great seats!' and she flashed a pic attachment in the next message.

'That's a good pic Tish. Did you get a good seat?' I replied back. She had sent one back saying she had won a couple of tickets and she had brought Taylor with her. If I could remember clearly in her fandom, she was a fan of Jey Uso. She went on to text saying that Roman Reigns and Jimmy Uso were doing a promo, and that Jey Uso was absent. 

Absent? Wrestling was his thing so why was Jey Uso absent? I almost asked her about it until barking pulled me away from my phone. I looked down and there on its hind legs was little French bulldog. "What are you doing here? Where's your owner?" I ask pulling myself up from the hot tub to step out. 

"PONGO!! Where yo at boy?!" came a very strong male voice.  He also sounded desperate and as I stepped out of the hot tub, I bent down to the little dog's level. Allowed him to sniff my hand before I picked him up. He was the cutest thing and as I round the corner of the wrap around porch did, I come face to face with his owner.