Part-13

During the practice, SM's cheer team enters the room, tasked with delivering refreshments to all players, including those from the rival team. As Jimin struts into the room, Mingyu's eyes practically gravitate toward her. It's more than just a passing glance; there's this magnetic pull. It's as if their energies align in some unspoken rhythm. Mingyu suddenly finds himself drawn to Jimin's infectious energy and undeniable charm. He can't help but be intrigued. 

It's not like he's planning to put a ring on it and say, "I do." Nah, he just enjoys playing the teasing and flirting game, throwing compliments around like confetti. I mean, who doesn't appreciate a good compliment, right? It's all in good fun!

"Hey, who's that pretty girl?" he casually asks one of his teammates nearby. 

"Oh, that's Yu Jimin, the cheerleader of SM," comes the response.

During the break, when the room turns into a chatterbox, Mingyu can't help but feel there's something about Jimin. Seriously, every little thing she does grabs his attention:

the way she moves, like she's rocking her own runway, ...

that cheerleader vibe she gives off, making heads turn, ...

In the middle of all the chaos in the practice room, Mingyu's curiosity about Jimin transforms into this kind of genuine interest. Like, who wouldn't be intrigued by someone so effortlessly captivating?

As the basketball players catch their breath, Mingyu's attention shifts to Jimin, the charismatic leader of SM's cheer team. With a bratty charm, he begins courting her, engaging in playful banter and trying to impress her with his basketball skills. 

Jimin, holding a package of drinks, finds herself at the center of attention. Mingyu nonchalantly strolls past the other cheerleaders, specifically heading towards Jimin. Without hesitation, he takes an energy drink from her, using the opportunity to engage in some playful flirting.

Mingyu, with a mischievous glint in his eye, throws cheesy and pick-up lines Jimin's way during the break. He uses his basketball skills as a backdrop, making flashy shots and showing off in an attempt to impress her. Mingyu's flirting is characterized by a confident and bratty demeanor, as he shamelessly compliments Jimin's appearance and teases her in a playful manner. The rest of the SM team watches the scene unfold, their expressions a mix of annoyance.

Mingyu leans in with a smirk, "Are you a basketball? Because I'm dribbling all my attention for you." Jimin chuckles, "Well, you might need to work on your shooting skills then."

"Right!. Cz just dribbling ain't gonna score you any points," Jeno interjects as he casually walks toward Mingyu and Jimin. Jimin then pulls out a drink and extends it toward Jeno, who accepts it with a small, appreciative smile.

"Oh, am I being bullied by the host now?" Mingyu says in sarcasm, accompanied by an obviously fake sad face. Jimin has to resist rolling her eyes in annoyance, while Jeno shoots him an irritated look.

After a short break, they return to practicing basketball. However, nothing seems to deter Mingyu from seizing every opportunity to flirt with Jimin. He frequently glances over at her, playfully winking at the girl from time to time. It becomes apparent that Mingyu's focus leans more towards the captivating cheerleader than the basketball game itself. Despite being in the midst of practice, he seems irresistibly drawn to the charming Jimin, taking every chance to flirt with her instead of concentrating on the game.

After an extended practice, the session has finally come to an end.

Mingyu confidently approaches Jimin for the nth time, "If you were a basketball, I'd never pass because I want to keep you all to myself." Jimin grins, "Nice try, but I think I'll stick to cheering for my own team."

Despite Jimin openly expressing disinterest, Mingyu persists in teasing her. Suddenly, he dashes back to the court, attempting a basketball shot while exclaiming, "Pretty girl, this one's for you," with a subtle nod towards Jimin. However, out of nowhere, Jeno swiftly intercepts, grabs the basketball, and successfully scores it himself.

Wearing a confident smile on his lips, Jeno shoots a smug expression towards the shocked and overwhelmed Mingyu. 

"In this game, there are no free throws. If you want to score, you've got to earn it," he declared, his eyes locking onto Mingyu's. 

Mingyu wasn't dumb; he had already picked up on the subtle clues that hinted at Jeno's interest in Jimin. Jeno's actions only served to reinforce Mingyu's growing suspicion that he might be correct in his guess.

Clap-clap-clap

"Woww~ SM's slam dunk specialist, Jeno Lee!" Heeseung enters the practice room, applauding Jeno's dunk shot. He heads straight to where Jeno and Mingyu are standing, a big smile adorning his face.

"Nice to meet you, hyung. You must be HYBE's basketball captain. I'm Heeseung, one of SM's many basketball pros," he says in a playful way, extending his hand for a handshake. Mingyu was about to shake the younger's hand when Heeseung withdraws his hand, transitioning into a wave directed at Jimin, who stands with her teammates in the distance. "Jimin-noona!"

"Oh, so that beauty's name is 'Jimin'?" Mingyu raises an eyebrow, fixating his gaze on the girl engrossed in conversation with her friends.

"Don't you dare!" Heeseung interjects, displeased with the way Mingyu eyes the girl. His protective instincts kick in, evident in the sudden shift of his expression from friendly to guarded.

"Wow, chill, buddy. Seems she's pretty popular here. Obviously, my typ-" Mingyu is abruptly halted as Heeseung seizes his collar. "Whoa, whoa, whoa," Mingyu playfully raises both hands, conceding. 

"Easy there," Heeseung warns.

"Wow, where did that friendly kid who just greeted me go?" says the still-playful Mingyu.

"Heeseung, not now!" Jeno intervenes, trying to prevent a scene, especially with the HYBE boys now paying attention to them. Heeseung glances around, releases Mingyu, and mutters, "Watch your words."

Mingyu smirks, teasingly adds, "Touchy, huh?"

"Don't let him bother you. Let's move on," Jeno advises his cousin, giving his shoulder a reassuring tap, and he makes his exit.

"He's got a point. I might not be the one getting under your skin. Keep an eye on your precious captain, boy. He's bound to be a formidable rival for you," Mingyu whispers mischievously to Heeseung, wearing a bratty smile, before making his way to his teammates.

"Let's go, boys! We're heading to our favorite spot," Mingyu shouts to his teammates.

"Seoul Spirit?!!"

Seoul Spirit is their favorite Soju bang (Soju lounge) where they often gather to drink. And, of course, not just for the drinks but also to admire the young waitresses. Heeseung shakes his head in disbelief, considering they are students discussing alcohol at school. Then he swiftly scans the room, finding Jeno engaged in conversation with Jimin; Mingyu's last words come back to him.

Is Jeno-hyung really..

He shakes off his thoughts and forcing a smile he heads to the group.

_______________

Author's note:

"Seoul Spirit Soju Bar" 

Isn't it silly? lol

I asked ChatGPT to give me a random Korean Soju lounge name and that's what it gave.

Hope you enjoy reading!