Part-12

The next morning, at SM High

With a bright smile illuminating her face and a skip in her step, Jimin is entering the school campus, totally in a nice mood. She spots Jeno talking with the boys at one corner of the school building. A quick smile forms on her lips and she walks pass them, pretending she didn't see him.

As Jimin strolled by, catching Mark's attention, he discreetly signals Jeno, the unspoken understanding between the two friends sparking the potential for a meaningful exchange. Spotting Jimin in the distance, Jeno flashed a playful smile as he strolled toward the girl, leaving his friends behind. 

"Morning, Miss Yu! Did you dream about me last night?" he teased, his tone laced with playful anticipation.

Jimin smirks, "Oh, I did! But it was a hilarious dream. You were transformed into a fluffy Samoyed, wearing a little bowtie. You were hosting a talk show interviewing celebrity dogs, and I was there as your guest, discussing the latest canine fashion trends."

Jeno bursts into laughter, imagining himself as a talk-show host Samoyed. "A Samoyed talk show? That's a new one. I hope I was a charismatic host at least."

Jimin nods, "Oh, absolutely! Your 'bark-tastic' interviewing skills were on point. I even got a 'paw-tograph' from you before leaving the dream studio."

Jeno chuckles, "Well, it seems my dream self has some interesting career aspirations. Who knew being a Samoyed could be so entertaining?"

Jimin grins, "You know what they say– in the dream world, anything is 'pawsible.'"

Jeno light laughter filled the hallway. As they are walking side by side, Jimin stares up at him, her smile gradually fainting.

Jimin, despite her outward composure, grapples with disbelief when it comes to Jeno's true feelings. In an attempt to shield herself from potential heartache and convince herself that Jeno's flirtations are mere jest, she made up humorous dreams as a defense mechanism. 

In deed, in her dream last night, Jeno surprises her with an unexpected yet tender act—a gentle kiss on her forehead. 

Suddenly, the intercom comes to life with a brief burst of static, followed by the sound of a mic check. 

"Mic check, one, two, testing. Good morning, SM High! We hope you're ready for some exciting news. Stay tuned for an important announcement from the principal shortly. Thank you!"

"Good morning, students of SM High School. I would like to bring to your attention the upcoming basketball match against HYBE High, scheduled for the following week. Today being Wednesday, we have two remaining school days to prepare for this significant tournament. 

In the spirit of sportsmanship and fostering positive relationships, our school will be hosting a joint basketball practice session with HYBE High School for 2 days. This collaborative effort aims to build camaraderie and promote friendly competition ahead of the upcoming match. Let us embrace this opportunity to learn, grow, and showcase the true essence of teamwork. Thank you for your attention, and let's make this a memorable experience for everyone involved."

As the announcement echoed through the school corridors, reactions were as diverse as a rainbow. The clash of emotions created a dynamic atmosphere. The school hallway becomes a canvas of contrasting reactions, setting the stage for an interesting day ahead. The girls, buzzing with excitement, looked forward to witnessing the athleticism of the HYBE basketball team, often described as the heartthrobs of the high school. 

In the buzzing halls of SM High, excited whispers among the girls painted vivid pictures of the anticipated encounter with the HYBE basketball players.

"Have you heard? The HYBE guys are coming to practice with us! Heard they're really good at basketball. I just want to watch them play."

"Yaa~! Kim Minju, have you forgotten that they are our rivals. And our basketball team is undeniably superior to theirs," Gisselle said, nudging Minju, the chatter-box of their class, who is exaggerating about the rival's team ability. 

Minju, now subdued, looks around and notices the disapproving looks from some boys in  the class. Feeling a little bit guilty for hyping up the rivals too much, she adjusts her posture, clearing her throat, "Anyways, I hope I get to see Mingyu up close!"

"Oh my gosh, Mingyu is so dreamy!," Chaewon chimed in, sharing Minju's enthusiasm.

"Exactly! Right? I hope they all come shirtless."

"Yeah, yea, yea~ By the way did you all know that he is somewhat an *sshole? I heard he messes with other teams." 

While the girls in the classroom engage in an exaggerated conversation, the sassy queen Ningning, who's in the know about the real deal, just rolls her eyes, and interjects with a succinct remark, effectively quelling their chatter.

"Yes, he is pretty assertive, actually. And he also bullies other kids," Jimin who just entered the classroom joins in the conversation while unloading her bag on her desk.

"Really? Ugh, never mind then. I just hope the others are decent."

"Yup! You can ask Jeno. He knows the best about Mingyu and HYBE guys," Jimin replied while smirking at Jeno.

Now, all attention shifts to Jeno who is settling in his seat. The said boy just scoffs, annoyance clearly written across his face, 

"Seriously, don't even bring up that dude around me. I swear, those HYBE guys just love to get under my skin for no reason. "

"I hope they don't bring that attitude to our court." Mark utters.

"It's going to be a disaster practicing with them," remarks Jeno.

_______________

SM's basketball team was putting in a rigorous practice session when HYBE's members entered the SM practice room. 

Mingyu, the captain of HYBE's basketball team strolls into the practice room, flashing a cocky grin at Jeno. "Oh, look who's here, Captain Jeno. Ready to witness some real skills? You might want to take notes, you know, for future reference."

Jeno smirks at Mingyu's bratty comment and fires back, "Oh, Mingyu,, talk is cheap. Let's see if your skills match up to your words on the court. Get ready for a reality check."

Before Mingyu could retaliate, SM's P.E. teacher, Mr. Park, enters the practice room, commanding attention from both teams. 

"Boys, let's cut the chatter and focus! We're here to practice, not exchange words

"Boys, let's cut the chatter and focus! We're here to practice, not exchange words. Get ready for a productive session!"

The sternness in the coach's voice leaves no room for argument as the teams prepare for the joint practice. Sporting a stern expression, the coach promptly instructs both leaders to shake hands and set aside their differences, emphasizing the significance of fair and respectful play. With the authority of the teacher's directive, the joint practice resumed, albeit with lingering tension between the two teams.

As minutes pass, the atmosphere grew tense as both teams begin their joint practice in the practice room. While SM's basketball team put in their best effort to make the practice fair, the HYBE team seems to play with a lack of effort, much to the annoyance of the SM players. The rivalry between the two schools intensified in the practice room.

_______________

Author's note:

*no proofreading

*no spelling check. 

The connection here sucks. I need to upload when I have proper connection.