Part-11

At the SM High Basketball Court

Jeno and his team, along with Jisung, Heeseung, and Chenle, are deeply engrossed in their basketball practice. The rhythm of dribbles and the squeak of sneakers echo across the court.

As the practice continues, he catches a glimpse of Jimin and her cheer team making their way to the sidelines. A small grin tugs at the corner of his lips. It's always a boost to have an audience, especially if it is her.

Jimin stands with her teammates, their eyes glued to the action on the court. They cheer and clap, their enthusiasm infectious. Jeno can't help but steal glances in her direction, his determination to perform well intensifying.

As the practice session nears its end, Jeno's gaze briefly locks with Jimin's. There's a silent understanding, a connection forged in the intensity of the moment. He can feel the encouragement emanating from her, a source of motivation that drives him to give his all.

The final buzzer sounds, signaling the conclusion of practice. Jeno and his teammates gather, sweat glistening on their faces. He exchanges high-fives and nods of approval with his friends, a sense of accomplishment washing over him.

Jeno, still catching his breath, grins at Jimin while slowly walking toward her. At the moment, Heeseung jogged pass Jeno, heading to Jimin.

"Jimin noona! Didn't expect you'd be here. You all just finished your practice, too. Isn't it? Aren't you tired?," Heeseung says as he approaches Jimin with gratitude in his eyes. Jeno's smile fades slightly. He watches the interaction, a pang of disappointment settling in his chest. It becomes clear that Jimin was there primarily for Heeseung, not for him.

Jeno takes a moment to collect himself, reminding himself that Jimin is her own person with her own priorities. However, a sense of urgency washes over Jeno. He knows he can't afford to let Jimin slip away. As he watches her interacting with Heeseung, a determination sets in. He realizes he needs to take bold steps, and fast. He won't let someone else swoop in and claim her heart.

_______________

As Jeno walks home from school amongst many students, he spots a familiar figure in front of him. Just as Jeno is about to call out to her, Heeseung appears, his playful energy lighting up the scene. He joins the girl, walking side by side, their laughter filling the air.

Jeno watches, a mixture of frustration and disappointment bubbling within him. He hadn't expected Heeseung to show up like this, and the sight leaves him feeling unsettled. It's a reminder that he can't take Jimin's attention for granted, that there are others who can make her smile, too. This newfound competition stirs something in Jeno, a determination to prove that he's the one who can truly make her happy.

Jeno walks home alone, the image of Heeseung and Jimin going home together still fresh in his mind. As he enters his room, he decides to distract himself by scrolling through social media. He sees Jimin's cute photo, and a smirk forms on his face.