(5)

"Rant to me, I like the sound. I like your voice, I like your mouth."
Fool -> Cavetown

I rose from my bed. My mother called me downstairs. "Jonas!" She yelled for the 10th time.  I crawled from under the covers and stumbled my way to the kitchen. "Where were you yesterday?" My father asked. I groaned. My father gets mad at me for everything because I am BI. "I was round' a friends." I told him. "Which friend? That Melissa girl that I saw in your text? She seems lovely." He said, picking at his breakfast.  "Are you serious? You went through my phone!" I yelled. 

"In my defense, I need to know who my little boy is dating. I need to know whoever she is first." He said. My mom kicked him from under the table.  I packed my breakfast into a container and stormed off. I can't stand my dad.

I walked to school, and I saw Melissa and her friends at the entrance by the picnic tables. They whispered and chuckled when I walked past them. I walked into the English department and walked into Ivan's class. Per usual, no one was there, but Ivan. "I had a great time yesterday." He said, smiling at me with his angelic face. I tried to smile, but the argument this morning held me captive to a frown. "What's wrong?" He asked me, walking towards me. "My father went through my phone and got mad because I broke up with Melissa. He wants me to be this super straight rugby boy, but I am not." I ranted. He sat beside me, listening to all of my rants. He leaned on his hands and smiled at me with rosy cheeks.

It had been more than 5 minutes since we had waited for the class. Then we heard Daniel J running through the halls, screaming, "George Ackerson and Tom Hills are fighting in the quad!" Ivan jumped up and took my hand. He ran with me all the way to the quad. "Oi, break it up!" Ivan yelled, trying to make his way through the crowd. "So you still in a mood with me, George?" Tom yelled. "You are in a mood with me! Switching up in front of the rugby lads and pushing me into mud. Then,  spread a rumor about me giving a wristy to James Malach. I thought we were cool, oi!" George said. Tom shove George, and the George punched Tom.  "OII! YOU BROKE MY FUCKING NOISE. YOU DIPSHIT!" Tom yelled, trying to retreat.  George tackled Tom and pinned him to the ground. George continued to punch until Ivan stepped in after finally crawling his way through the crowd. George Ackerson, office now." Ivan said, helping Tom up. George stormed off, tearing with anger. "Tom, go to the sick bay." Ivan said while trying to shoot the crowd away. "EVERYBODY, GO TO YOUR DESIGNATED CLASSES THIS INSTANT." Ms Ingram said, assisting Mr Klent. "I don't need to go to the sick bay. I'm fine." Tom said, trying to keep strong. His face was all bloody, and his eyes had been puffy with tears.

Ivan went with Tom to the sick bay, and I waited in his classroom with everyone else who had English 1st period. Everyone was chatting about the fight while I was concerned with George.  We had been friends last year until he joined the rugby team and befriended Tom. We were best mates until he stopped worrying about me. I always assumed it has something to do with George's sexuality. He wants to be straight for his parents, but he secretly loves Tom. That's why he was offended when  the rugby lads saw Tom push him into the puddle of mud. I've always felt bad for George, but I didn't want to. He was one of my only friends, and he left me for a bully. Anyway, that doesn't matter now. He's the yap of the day, the meme on Insta, and I guess he deserved it because he shouldn't have befriended Tom in the first place.