°-《CHAPTER 51》-°

~◇~◇~DREAMS POV~◇~◇~

I trampled deeper into the woods, the dead leaves crunching underneath my weight, never looking back.

*CRUNCH*

I wipped my head around in the direction of the sound, nervously glancing around the dark silhouettes of trees stirring and creaking.

With a pounding heart, I took another step into the forest. The only sound playing was the echoes of critters and the leaves' spines cracking eerily.

I carried on. Walking deeper and deeper into the depths.

My heart seemed to be going at an impossible speed and my fingers felt numb with cold.

My head felt like it was spinning off of its hinges. And my legs became weaker with each step. I felt as if the ground was slowly eating up all of my energy. Like it was going to eventually swallow me whole.

I looked down at the litterd floors and focusing on my footwork.

This part of the woods seemed to be muddier compared to the outskirts.

I took another step forward, the small amount of mud coating and catching onto the bottom of my not-so-smart shoes.

Suddenly a person or thing clutched onto my robes.

I froze in shock and I even stopped breathing for a moment.

Everything stopped.

I waited patiently for anything to happen.

But nothing did.

Slowly turning around, I tried to get a peek at what was holding onto me.

Letting out a sigh if relief, I tugged the thorns off of my cloak.

I looked back ahead at the task at hand and took a few more steps forward, until I was walking at a slow walking pace.

Smiling reassuringly to myself, I knew that I was getting closer to George with every step I took.

I carried on going until I was at a walking pace. Which turned into a fast walk. And then a slight jog.

I never looked back once.

I didn't even know how much time had passed.

The forest never seemed to end. Like it was going on forever.

No matter how much I tried to calm my overwhelming nerves, the thought of George being hurt scared me.

Being in this forest for so long makes me feel as if I've gone insane.

I probably looked a mess. But did I care? It's not like im going to be dressing up for this exact occasion, am I?

My robes felt uncomfortable against my skin, and my hair was covering my eyes in wild directions. And my head pounded harder then ever.

The whole setting seemed eerie.

And nothing was particularly inviting.

All I needed to do was find George and get out of here. How hard can it be?

~♧~♧~Time skip - 10 mins later~♧~♧~

The forest seemed to be never ending.

I've been walking for ages now and it's just been the same old pitch black darkness.

Not even the owls hooting scared me anymore. Not even causing a flinch.

I squinted my eyes and looked through the thick branches in the trees. I put a cold hand to my forehead and swiped the loose strands out of my face.

The sky had turned a murky teal blue colour. Stars scatterd the sky and peered down on me like they were concerned or curious.

Suddenly, birds flew out of the trees, their wings flapping hastily in a great effort, their small fragile bodies crashing into one another in a frenzy of beating wings and squawks.

The tree branches wailed and whistled in the wind viciously. Wind slithered through thin branches of trees and whipped past my face, ghe cold biting at my bare skin. The dead leaves on the ground started swirling around at my feet and around the trunk of the tree quickly. The moon was in an almost perfect circle in the dark sky as it shone down on me mysteriously. Birds called out into the night, perhaps screaming for help, as they flew into the night without a trace.

I heard footsteps behind me as the nerves in my body had started going haywire. My fight or flight survival senses kicked in and I just ran as fast as I could. I squinted my eyes as my heart beat faster and faster inside my chest. The pressure in my head with all of the thoughts was all too much and I felt like I wanted to just rip my skin off and explode.

My eyes struggled to stay open at the insane speed I was running at, yet I never wanted to stop running.

I ran for all that is was worth. For George.

I just kept on running, and running, and running and-

Light?

No, it can't be. Not this late at night, or whatever time it was.

As I got closer to the illuminated area, I quickly noticed two figures with torches talking with one another.

They were both hooded and they both wore long dark robes which coverd their body's completely.

I stumbled over to a tree and lent on it, trying to be somewhat quiet whilst letting out my shallow breaths of recovery.

I peered over at the two figures in the distance.

Their speech was muffled, but just about audible for me to hear some of it.

"I never wanted this! Everything is your fault! It's not my problem that your so obsessed over this one person that you'd go so far to-" The figure spoke, waving their hands around angrily, gesturing to what seemed to be just a large tree stump that blended in with the surroundings like any other.

But as I looked closer, I noticed that it wasn't just some old mossy tree stump. That was a person. A boy. Tossed aside against the tree helplessly.

He lay in a crumpled, surely not comfortable fashion, against it. His hair was strewn across his face, covering his facial features entirely.

And that's when I realised...

George?

~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~

Hello!
I'm thinking of taking a break for Christmas to just chill and stuff. Dunno when I'll take a break, but you'll know of I don't post in the next two days :)

Thank you so much everyone for the support on these chapters! I love you all so much and I thank you all for reading, it means alot <33

Hope you all have fun celebrating all of your festivals!
Bye!
:]

~♤~♤~♤~♤~♤~♤~♤~♤~♤~♤~♤~♤~♤~♤~