Still, it's pretty exciting that maybe we'll meet a new civilization!"

Tonuk- "Mhm...

I guess we're going to have for permission to maybe stay with Toru, though I'm still happy they even let us keep it for so long, you know"

Ri- "Well have to talk to Gint about what to do now, because just, damn, a 3rd sentient species"

Both Tonuk and Ri were excited about this, though Tonuk was still trying to figure out how he forgot to mention this to Ri, though for now, he noticed that Toru had climbed off the couch, having completely ignored the toy.

It walked around and Tonuk got up to follow it.

Ri- "I'll just stay here for a bit, I have to ask Gint about this, but don't worry just follow Toru around so nothing happens to it.

He followed Toru as it walked though their house, looking around, which he found adorable.

Toru walked into the study, looking around, seeing their shelf with defective medical equipment he got as a gift from some welder friends.

Still, some of it was fairly dangerous so he got in between Toru and the shelf, just in case it got curious.

Thankfully it seemed interested in the desks, climbing Ri's desk and looking around.

It dipped its finger in the ink, which got Tonuk's attention, as it started making a bunch of squiggly lines on the paper, it was adorable!

He got the idea to show it the alphabet, since, sure, it wouldn't have ANY chance of understanding this, but he rationalized it as a way of bonding some more with Toru while he could.

This was mostly in two ways:
1-Toru seemed to like making random noises, so this could be less awkward than speaking gibberish.
2- It seemed to like painting, so, same thing, it would be less awkward than making random squiggles as well.

Toru looked at him while while he wrote and showee him basic writing, plus a couple words he wrote when he ran out of letters, to fill out space.

Toru, then sighed and looked straight at him, giving a slow blink, which he returned happily.

Still, he was fairly worried about the future, since he didn't know what would happen, or if he would see Toru again.

He nudged Toru onto his lap, giving it some warmth as he started thinking about what would happen, thankfully Toru seemed to trust him with this now.

Ri came into the room soon after.

Ri- "So, good news.

We're still going to get to keep Toru with us, I talked with Gint and turns out the main people that would be used for researching Toru are still too busy with other things for now; and even then, they said that it's better for it to stay with us, since they can research later and its better not to stress it with new places.

Also, he's going to talk with people on astronomy to focus more resources on finding Toru's planet, since there wasn't too much on it already, for whatever reason"

Tonuk was excited at these news, relieved that, for now at least, they weren't going to take Toru away.

Ri- "The only thing they asked was that we don't spread this around, since its still only a possibility, and you know how the public got with that last time...

And that we start saving recording of Toru's behavior, like with security cameras again or something like that.

ALSO, they tasked us with getting it used to more people, since researchers will have to be with it and, you understand"

Toru, sighed in relief and looked down at Toru, who was covering his ears with its hands, so maybe it got cold?
Though this didn't make sense as he was warming it up already.

Still, he was happy about these news and, decided to go back to the living room for now and just continue working on the noting down the things Gint asked for before for a bit with Toru and Ri.

He carried it over to the living room, carrying it in his arms, only remembering that Toru didn't like that at the very end.

Thankfully, it didn't seem to mind it this time, instead choosing to grab tightly onto his clothes and fur.

Relieved, he set it down on the couch as Ri came back and sat beside Toru, to which Tonuk also sat with it, on the other side.

They found it funny how despite having accidentally smushed Toru it still didn't move, instead, staying there for some reason.

They turned on the screen, playing some random video in the background while they chatted.

Tonuk- "So, how about we get help from Tegbuk and his friend for the, getting Toru used to Tonovo and Dije thing?"

Ri- "Yeah sure, I could invite some friends over later on to get Toru used to Dije, since those two are Tonovo"

Tonuk agreed, but for now, they continued relaxing, watching as Toru looked at the screen, which they only then realized had been playing a video with a lot of Dije, which made them happy at the fact that Toru wasn't reacting too much.

Though it could also he that it didn't recognize that those were Dije, but still.

Lore fun fact:
There reason for the Tonovos low voice is that there is an evolutionary advantage to it, since lower frequencies would be harder to hear, it let them have an easier time surviving.

Same with the Dije, their high pitch is so that animals can't hear the high frequencies

(What do y'all think about this at the end of the "Tonuk's perspective" chapters?)