I

Hearing the sudden and unexpected news that her loved ones have passed away, was something Mary Jane, MJ as her mother used to call her, could never imagine hearing. Denial and refusion were the the only two things MJ was feeling. Her oldest sister Jackie was on the same page as her. Both of them refusing the fact that their family has sadly passed away.

After hearing the news, they were informed that now their legal guardian was one of their mom's dearest friend. When Kathrine Walter found out that her best friend has passed away she couldn't believe it. When she was told that the last wish of the now dead Howard woman was to take in her two daughters, Kathrine immediately agreed without any hesitation.

The two girls now, were waiting at the airport for the Walters to pick them up

The two girls now, were waiting at the airport for the Walters to pick them up. Jackie was on the phone with their Uncle, having small talk as they waited patiently. "Yeah bye." with that jackie hung up the phone and turned towards her sister who was looking up ahead, waiting rather impatiently now for the Walters to show up. "how long are gonna stand here and wait. I am getting tired," MJ complained and crossed her arms, letting out an exhausting huff.

seconds after her complaining a couple was heading towards them with big smiles both on their faces. "hi." the ginger woman greeted them both. "hi," jackie returned the gesture and let out an awkward chuckle. She then noticed that her sister was absolute quiet and rather rude to not greet the woman properly and she then pinched her on the arm. with that being done MJ let out an ouch in return. "hi," she said in a whisper and rubbed her arm at the spot where she was pinched.

"i'm so happy you're here. both of you." kathrine treated them once again with kindness. "Thanks Kathrine," MJ was the one who spoke out now. George went out and grabbed both girls' luggage and he was thanked with two smiles. "You girl remember George right?" Kathrine asked as she tried to make small talk and break the ice between them and the two Howard girls.

"Yeah of course. Hi George" Jackie immediately answered kindly not wanting to sound rude. so here's the thing. Jackie was and is always the kind and warm person who is going to treat and put above her everyone around her. MJ was like that too. But after her parents accident something changed. Jackie was trying to understand her sister but she was nowhere near that goal. MJ was keeping everything to herself and she was fine with it. Expressing her feelings was never her forte. Jackie was trying as hard as she could to be close to her and stand  by her side but MJ was making it hard for her since she was so closed let's say now. Jackie was processing and taking the whole accident thing better than MJ could ever do. She didn't realize how the accident put MJ down. MJ was just a fifteen year old, loosing her parents and sister was something she could never process so easily.

"How-how was everything? Was the flight okay?" Kathrine asked the girls as they all began walking towards the car to finally head home.

after a few hours on the car, they finally arrived at the Walter residence. they all got out of the car, George immediately going to grab the girls' bags. After Kathrine made sure that her husband was fine with the luggage, she tole the girls to come inside and be introduced to the Walter Family. As they were making their steps up ahead the front door, Kathrine's phone rang and she was caught up with a thing at the vet clinic. the two girls were now standing awkwardly waiting for the woman to finish up and show them around.

"move!" they both heard but didn't have the time to react as a boy on his skateboard flew past them. they both turned around and looked at the boy leaving their sight, and was scared when another voice was heard. "hi," Danny Walter said as he greeted the two girls. "Hi. I'm Jackie and this is MJ," The oldest Howard introduce her and her sister. "I'm Danny,"

when the three of them were introduced to each other, Kathrine opened the door, still on the phone, walking them inside. "Oh hey guys," she said and stopped in front of two boys playing video games. "Can you stop that for a second?" with that being asked the two boys paused their game and looked at the ginger woman wondering what she wanted. "This is Jackie and her sister MJ." she introduced to them the two girls. "That's Alex and Isaac," she said and pointed at the two boys.

MJ noticed that Alex was taking his time looking at her sister Jackie. he looked like he was admiring her. a look MJ never saw before. things are getting interesting, she thought. she then took notice of the boy who was sitting next to alex , with soft black hair and around her age too. very interesting,

after being introduced to the two boys kathrine led them towards the kitchen where lemonade was served for the both of them. george then told them that their luggage was going to be upstairs and the sisters were waiting for kathrine to finish her call so she could show them around and help them settle in. but luck wasn't on their side. Kathrine had to run immediately at the clinic for some kind of emergency and let Will, her oldest son, help the girls settle in and introduce them to rest of the Walter family.

"i'm so sorrt girls. i promise i will be back as soon as i possibly can," she promised them both, feeling bad that she had to leave so soon. "Don't worry. Hope the dog's okay," MJ reassured her and kathrine let out a smile as she finally heard her voice. "Thank you. See ya,"

as will introduced the girls to Nathan and Lee, they all went outside in order to meet the last of the Walters, "I'm hard of hearing, so if i'm not looking at you or there's a lot of backround noise, i won't understand just FYI," will said as the three of them kept walking.

"Hey everyone," will said as the three of them made a stop and came face to face with the last Walters. "This is Jackie and MJ." when they said their hello's, will introduced the two little ones and then all of a sudden, a blonde boy, emerged from the pool, which movements caught Jackie's attention. "wanna introduce yourself?" will asked his brother who was complitely unbothered about the girls' presence. "they'll figure it out,"

"that's cole."

after the whole introduction thing the girls were finally showed to their rooms. as they followed him up the stairs, Jackie's curiosity couldn't wait any longer and she asked, "Will, how many of these kids are George and Kathrine's?"

"oh. you didn't know. All of them. there's eight of us kids." that phrase let Jackie and MJ in shock. eight kids? they will be living with eight kids? how on earth could kathrine not metion that there are eight kids? "Plus Lee and Isaac are cousin on Dad's side." will continued.

"So you all live here?" MJ asked. "No. i live in town with my fiancé, Haylie, but everyone else yeah."