Fading Out

The moment that door slid shut, Lance was stomping about the room in a hormonal fit of rage. Anything that happened to be in his path became a victim of his aggression. Obstacles that couldn't be moved were matched against the "fists and legs of fury".

He eventually cooled down, his lungs easily out of breath from the fast-paced movements and his heavy womb.

The result of the room was a complete mess. The only place left untouched was the bed that caught his run-away bag and the written excuse.

It grabbed the omega's attention, bringing him back to the matter at hand.

He'd hoped to flee to another planet and have the child discreetly. Now of course an invasion has stopped him from doing so. That alone posed no issue to Lance- he knows very well he can defend himself in combat. Literally, the only thing keeping him from making a break out the door is a stupid alpha command. One that could make your whole body tense in pain if you dare so much as to think about disobeying. It made Lance feel completely powerless.

'Maybe Keith's right to force me in here. After all, I'm not exactly myself. I'd be sure to mess things up somehow.'

Lance sat on the bed with a soft thud, grabbing hold of the note he'd left for the team to find after his escape. Now more than ever, he wanted to get away from the castle.

'They don't need me in their way. As soon as this is over, I'm getting out of here. Might even be an improvement.'

He didn't get a chance to chuckle at his own sarcasm as harsh blasts echoed through the corridor. Whoever happened to be out there wasn't far away. The closer they stepped, the easier it was for Lance to pick up their scent.

The moment he breathed in, he felt his insides jostle intensely. He had to agree with the little one's reaction- this was not the smell of Voltron.

Lance readied his bayard and crept against the wall near the door. The strangers steps resounded closer, booming loudly on the marble flooring. The child- though completely unsure of the world around them- seemed to sense the dire situation and kicked with brute force.

The pregnant male couldn't help but to lurch forward. "Ow! Cut that out, will ya? I'm trying to protect us!"

Obviously it was useless to argue with one who could not talk nor have thoughts. All that mattered was movement, movement, movement.

"Agh! Alright, alright, what do you want from me?"

Lance felt a gentle flutter in his belly as the child nudged the side of his abdomen repeatedly. The omega looked in that direction, only finding the closet. He didn't understand.

He wouldn't be able to think on it for long, however, once the proud stomps outside were replaced with loud blasts directly at his door.

It was pure adrenaline from that moment forward. Without thinking, Lance dashed into the closet and slammed the doors shut. His body forced itself against the back wall in the same moment his bedroom door got blasted in two.

Those large steps Lance heard earlier became less confidant as the intruder scanned the room with close precision. Their deep voice rumbled throughout the walls.

"Strange, I thought I could smell an omega in here."

"Hold on a second," another spoke with a voice the complete opposite of the first.

It became silent after that.

Lance strained to hear more footsteps or whispers; some sort of sign as to where the invaders had gone. He'd almost considered the possibility they gave up or began searching in another room. Then the flutter in his belly came back and the closet doors were flung open by a chaotic pink figure.