Moment of Truth

!Angst, Attempted abortion!

Lance kneeled on the ground in the center of the dimly lit lounge. The positive pregnancy test lay idle on the floor, the deep red lines nearly glowing for his attention. He didn't take a second glance. He knew the result would be the same. He kept his head bowed as his teammates surrounded him. If he dared to look up, he'd surely be met with unforgiving stares.

"You're an omega?"

"How could you lie to us all this time?"

"Do you not trust us?"

"We're supposed to be a team!"

Lance wasn't sure who had spoken what, nor did he care. They were all upset with him.

"I'm sorry," was all he could mutter.

"Who does the child belong to?"

He looked up this time, scanning the room. It was Shiro who had asked the question. Lance looked desperately toward his partner, silently pleading for help. Keith avoided his gaze.

'He doesn't want to be a part of this. He's ashamed of you.'

The omega fought back tears as he lowered his head once more. "I don't know."

"...are you sure?"

He gave a small nod; the lump in his throat became too hard to speak past.

The room was hushed only for a moment. Lance braced himself as he awaited their responses.

"What is wrong with you?"

"Why would you get pregnant in the middle of a war? You're putting another life in danger!"

"How could you be so careless?"

"That was stupid even for you."

"You can't even remember who you've slept with."

"It's just like an omega to get around."

"They're only good for sex and taking up space."

"Such a slut."

"What a whore."

Lance pressed his hands hard against his ears, all of it becoming too much. Their harsh words only seemed to get louder the more they spoke.

"You're disgusting!"

"An absolute disgrace!"

"Useless omega!"

"Tainted with a stranger's offspring!"

Lance dug his nails into his skin, trying frantically to mute all the sound. He shook his head violently while tears began to shed.

"Stop it! Stop it, please!"

"You are no longer fit to be a paladin of Voltron."

The voices paused when Lance stood up. Everyone peered down at him like common filth.

"W-what? What are you saying?! What do you mean!?"

Allura stepped out of the group. She stood poised and proper as usual, but her kind smile was not there.

"Due to your negligence and lies, you have disgraced this team. We cannot have an unmarked, pregnant omega representing everything Voltron stands for. We do not need you."

Lance felt his chest tighten. She was serious. They all were. They had meant everything.

Allura looked over her shoulder. "Coran, prepare an escape pod. Set the course for Earth."